• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Safety Harnesses

mattrd

What does everyone use for safety harnesses. Need to get one this year and was looking to see what most of you guys use. I'm looking at the HSS, but I see that other companies are starting to make quality ones as well.

I have a HSS vest that I use a lot. I really do like the vest overall. I only have a few minor complaints and they are minor. One is the buckels on the stomach part of it. They are hard plastic so my binocs or rangefinder will bang against them when i am climbing into and out of my tree stand or sometimes when i walk. HSS makes a sleeve to go around it. It looks like a wrist band for exercising. The other thing is it covers up my pockets on my hunting jacket. Again, no major issues just minor things that can frustrate me a little while I am out hunting. Lastly, it can feel a little heavy, takes a little getting use to, but not a huge issue at all.

The pros to it is very good construction. You can adjust the size some to make it fit well. Very easy and quick to put on. It does have two small pockets on the chest that zip up that you can put a fold up tree step in or a strap that it comes with, to stand on if you fall out of your stand. It also has to side pockets you can put your hands into keep you warm on those cool fall hunts. It has a spot where you can tie a deer to your vest and drag it out.

Overall, I really like it. I feel that if I were to ever fall from my stand with this on, I would feel very confident that it would keep me from hitting the ground.

Good luck hunting.

True, there are many great harnesses out there in a variety of shapes and colors, but I have found flaws in almost every single one especially when it comes to cost. Working at Scheels All Sports has given me a great deal of knowledge about todays best safety harnesses but there's one belt that stands out from the rest In Quality, Quietness, Simplest to use, and cost effectiveness. That one system is called: The Silent Slide Hunter's Safety Belt. My Family has been using these belts for 6 years now and I have yet to see anything on the market that works as well and is so simple and easy to operate! let me know if you have any further questions! [Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I found a gorilla harness that I like but notice at the ATA show that there is "spider" model by somebody other then HSS that looked really cool and comfortable but no major store carries them does anybody know anything about them? Maybe StickNString might they were at the last ATA show in January look them up.

mr

Tree Spider is what you're thinking of. They were a little late it seems getting them out there but they are now. Every time I checked a couple stores they had sold the ones they had gotten in, but I finally picked one up and it is as good as I'd heard. Three main things I found - easy adjustment, light weight (don't even know it's on), and so easy to put on because it's not a tangled mess of straps like most of the others I have used. I might have to buy a new Scentblocker jacket that has clips to accept the harness - then I can just leave the harness clipped in and put it on even easier - and not have to wear it on the outside.

We sell those to and by "sell" I mean carry in the store... we haven't sold a single one and they have been in the store for about 3 weeks now..I have referred customers to the Silent Slide Belts and 4 have come back in the last week to tell me how excited they are to get to use them this fall, and they want us to sell them at scheels now too. Best safety harness hands down, order one for $30 bucks and you will not be dissapointed. Where can you find any belt safety harness for that cheap?? no where...

If I am not mistaken, the Silent Slide is a belt only, which is fine for restraint but sucks if you fall. They used to peddle those at the MN Deer Classic 15 years ago. They are not TMA certified nor recommended, but back when I used to only use a belt it might have sufficed. When I got my kid up in the tree is when I switched to a harness also.