• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ripley Deployed Soldier Hunt (Bow and Muzzleloader)

MUSKY18

The dates and applications just came out on the Deployed Soldier Hunt held here at Ripley and down at Arden Hills. Criteria for the hunts are: Minnesota Army and Air National Guard Soldiers that have been deployed with a Minnesota Army or Air National Guard Unit to support the Global War on Terrorism since September 11, 2001. Applications for the bow hunt have to be received by 31 August and 19 September for the Muzzle Loader hunts. If you know of anyone out there that has been deployed and wants to hunt, tell em to get the apps in!

I will tell my buddies, I'm sure they though.

You lucky suckers get a muzzy hunt now! cry Thats new right, I've worked the DS hunt the last 3 years anf can't remenber one.

Well, good luck to all of you and maybe I will run into you guys this fall at the tent, I hope they cook up some food again this year!

Also, thank you to all you soldiers, it my honor to try and help out with hunt for you guys, God Bless.

Good for them. Cant wait til some of these pics come out. When do you guys think the dates of this hunt will be. Ill have to read through it cause it would be interesting if it was for does only. That would bite.

The hunt takes place on 5-6 October this year. The briefings are on the morning of the 4th and then the hunters can go downrange and scout and hang stands in prep for the hunt the next morning. I am crossing my fingers that I get drawn again. Don't know if I will get lucky enough to get drawn for both hunts, but it sure would be awesome to hunt Ripley with a smoke pole.

The smokepole hunt is 28-30 November. Doesn't sound like he will be able to get into them this year. However, when he gets back, have him put in for the hunts. They are a blast!!!! Get first chance at the big boys before the other Ripley hunts.

Bret he must have been over there with you during the 06 to 08 18 month tour.He was with Echo company 134 in TQ and Fallujah. Last name Burkholder. I know he went there before and shot a buck and doe and he had a blast doing it but said it wasnt much fun because he didnt have any family there to enjoy the hunt with. I am sure now that he hears the muzzzel loader is involved he will be all over it like a fat kid on cup cakes.