• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

national collegiate hockey conference

scsavre

Sounds kinda College Hockey America 'ish to me, but whatever it's just a name.

Saw wiki entry already for the new league. I didn't realize just how huge Omaha's Qwest Center was. Nor did I know CC has such a tiny enrollment with a relatively large fan base.

National Collegiate Hockey Conference - Wiki Entry

Another link with more info.

Article on NCHC from The Street

Quotes from article "The new conference will begin immediate research of additional members with no specific, pre-determined limit on the final number of institutions. In addition, the conference expects to have a broadcast package in place before launching its inaugural season."

First part, duh. Second part I guess is expected, and is what I'm really wanting to see happen.

To add more spin to the new NCHC league there's hype building down in the Fargo-Moorehead area of Moorehead state has a golden opportunity to start there hockey program. Couple years there was alot of talk of them wanting in the WCHA when that league expanded. I personally would love to see NDSU get a team, just so UND can whip them smile.

http://peterson.areavoices.com/2011/07/14/the-time-for-msum-to-move-on-hockey-is-now/

I live in the surrounding Moorhead area and from all the people I've talked to around here is the most of them are all for it!! I know I would be! People were kind of bummed when all the talk about it shut down last year! The only weird thing is that they would most likely play their home games at the Scheels arena in Fargo! But I say get it done

Blame it all on the Goophs for jumping ship to the Big 10.

To be fair the UofM has been against this from the start but our hands are kind of tied. There was an article a few years back and Maturi said it was a bad idea but I can't seem to find the link. If you do want to point some fingers I would look at Penn State and WI - WI didn't really do anything to make it happen but they were sure in favor of it.

Edit: Found the link, WI even threatened to move the CCHA back in 09.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/hockey/article_79517d2e-b953-52ee-b0e4-9d11b3606084.html

I am anti-Gopher as it gets, but leaving the WCHA for the Big 10 was basically out of the Rodent's hands once a sixth team (PSU) came on board. Only alternative would have been to leave the Big 10. I still blame Alvarez and the donor from PSU.

Does fargo mh have the fans for a team.it seems obvious that they would. But does anyone go to the current college games there. Also, do they have a rink besides the fargo one. Seems like there should be a team there. Just not sure I it would work. The whole town was all hockey for hockey da mn up there las year. It was a great time. Seemed like a hockey town. I guess they could get rid of the need to have a und team. Haha

Absoulutely there will be bad blood on the ice over this. And even though the perception is that UND and DU were the main drivers, this will extend to CC, UMD, and UNO as well. BTHC schools will get the same treatment I imagine. Should be a fun two seasons to watch.

Would be interesting to see if one of the teams not inlcuded in either new conference could win the McNaughton before the big split (or F5 for that matter).

Moorhead hockey would be cool. If they are serious about it, they better get on it soon while everything is still on the table.

CBrooks, do you think MSU has the funding and/or alumni support to back D1 hockey? The timing will never be better for MSU to fund hockey and enter the WCHA.

I haven't heard of any strong alumni support or donors. Sounds like thats the only thing holding MSU back. I think the president of MSU was pushing it two years ago. I agree with Brain that they will be playing at Scheels arena. How much dough does MSU need upfront to start a D1 hockey program?

]Anybody forsee any ill will toward und and denver from the remaining teams the next 2 years. Jutting was talking a little trash in a interview and I know serratore hold grudges

I'm sure UND will come out of this as the Evil Empire. BSU's Serratore was on the news last night and said he fully expects non-conference games to continue with UND, UMD, etc. UND's Faison also said the same thing. Hope it holds true.