• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL Realigment

OnAFly

Here's the story:

According to the Grand Rapids Press, Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold said as much on Monday, telling Minneapolis radion station, KFAN that the Wild would be playing in the Central Division against the Jets, Chicago Blackhawks, Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars and possibly the Columbus Blue Jackets. He made no mention of the Detroit Red Wings, which is the team most likely to move the Eastern Conference to accomodate the Jets' move.

Finally, we have a conference game in our same time zone!!!

where would st. louis go I wonder?? This would be aa lot better than the earlier talks of having the Wild in with the canucks, flames, oilers, and jets!! That would have been terrible imo

where would st. louis go I wonder?? This would be aa lot better than the earlier talks of having the Wild in with the canucks, flames, oilers, and jets!! That would have been terrible imo

I think we will still be in the NW Division until next year.

Here is what I have seen, it would make sense to have St. Louis. Detroit moving east is kind of odd but that would even up the teams - 15 west and 15 east.

WEST

Edmonton

Calgary

Vancouver

San Jose

Los Angeles

Anaheim

Phoenix

Colorado

CENTRAL

Winnipeg

Minnesota

Dallas

Chicago

St. Louis

Nashville

Columbus

I really like the alignment Bear showed. Without Detroit though...meh. Like to swap Nashville or Columbus for Detroit and it would have an awesome Norris like feel. Ignite old rivalries and keep curent ones alive.

We couldn't develop any real rivalries sitting in the NW div. We were a time zone away from our nearest competitor. Now, we have options for going to a division away game with Chicago and St Louis.

It would be cool to go to a Wild-Jets game in Winnipeg too. I've never been to an NHL game in Canada. I bet it would be a great experience.