• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Walleye presentations

Norco

Live bait rig with a spinner is a good choice for the hungry fall walleye. Crankbait trolling is a proven method for fall eyes as well. I'm a jiggin man I like to cast jigs on flats and rockpiles in the evenings under a full moon. As far as bait traditionally shiners have worked good but with the different weather patterns in MN the last couple years, nightcrawlers have been effective and may be the bait of choice come this fall.

One is the Debuque rig. In the fall the fish can be any where. I have found this rig to cover two deeps at one time.
Two a jigging spoon. Again with the fish being any where on drops. Any where from one foot to 20 feet. I normally position the boat, so I can cast into the shallow water and maintain contact with the bottom upto a few feet of the bottom.Good luck
Jigger