• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A funny thing happened on the way to orientation

Had our workshop orientation tonight and as I was on my way there I passed a swamp about 8 miles from my house. Something didn't look right, and after a quarter of a mile I turned around and saw this:

moose1.gif

He let me take a couple of shots, then ambled into the woods. I got to thinking that he was close enough to a lake that maybe he'd walk out along the shoreline, so I hustled back to the lake access parking lot. As I waited, I got a couple of neat shots:

moose2.gif

moose3.gif

Sure enough,out walks Mr. Moose:

moose4.gif

moose5.gif

He stuck around long enough for me to take about 200 images. In all fairness, as I was shooting I called Steve to let him know why I was late to orientation and made sure he could hear the shutter snapping while I was talking to him! gringrin

Funny thing is we drove about 500 miles over the last two days hoping to see a moose, and here was one in my own back yard!!!!!

Sure Ken, sure. I'm at orientation slaving to prepare things for our clients, and you're off snapping pictures. Must be nice to be retired! Hahaha! gringringrin

Hey, why didn't you wade out up to your chest to get a little closer? wink

Those buzzards look like they're in a southern bald cypress swamp. I like the last moosy best. See you tomorrow. We've got a cool bunch of folks! smile

Sheesh! You should have just thrown your lasso around his neck and kept him there for @ 12 hours for us!!!! laugh

Seriously, outstanding images! And thanks to both of you for a great weekend, even if we did't see much for wild

Life wink