• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jr

Well, after more races and Jr still climbing to the top in the standings, one has to now believe that he and his crew chief are well on the same page.

The wins will come but for right now, they do not matter that much as it looks like he should make the Chase with his solid top 5 and 10 finishes each week.

I think some wins will come after they can start to qualify better and not always seem to start in the back so far.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're doing better at tracks where he typically struggles so that is definitely a positive. They have a nice cushion over 7th-10 place which helps ease the pressure, but as we saw yesterday with Edwards it only takes one race to drop 20-30 points and Daytona is right around the corner where we all know that it can go bad in a hurry.

After what happened with Edwards I'm wondering how aggressive the point leaders will be at Daytona. The top 10 will probably hang out at the back all day and it will be a mad dash to the front at the end.

Well, after more races and Jr still climbing to the top in the standings, one has to now believe that he and his crew chief are well on the same page.

The wins will come but for right now, they do not matter that much as it looks like he should make the Chase with his solid top 5 and 10 finishes each week.

I think some wins will come after they can start to qualify better and not always seem to start in the back so far.

Agreed. Running very well and getting better as the race progresses. They do need to qualify better, and I also think that once they start qualifying top 10, the wins will come.

He's definately been running better lately, but he needs to do something to get out of his 108 race loosing streak! Heck the 18 car has got almost 20 wins in the last 108 races.

Last I checked he has the same number of championships, too. wink

All those victories don't mean much in the grand scheme of things if you choke in the home stretch. We'll have to see if they can turn that around this year.

Jr won't get a win this season, there's a reason he has not won in almost 3 years.

And the reason is the fact that he and his crew chief did not work well together.

As far as Jr winning a race this year, one can win the Chase without ainning a race.

Consistant races and good finishes will get you there.

As states above by Dan, the 18 wins alot but thats about it.

Jr hasn't won in 3 years because he is not as good as a driver as all his fans think he is. He really has not won a race in 180 some races, his last win was under a lot of controversy. He's not the racer he was in the early 2000's, but he sure makes a ton of money.

It's not the crew chief, it's Dales lack of driving skills.

LOL

One might look at the issues with DEI for a few years and then the crew chief he had up until this season.

It is not luck that Jr is running this well nor the fact that he is washed up. He has a crew chief that the 2 can relate to. many drivers have gone through this. Lokk at J Gordon under ray Evernham and so on. If JJ were to lose Chad, it would not be the same the next year unless the 2 gelled right away.

It takes a whole team to run well and not just a past here and a part there.

How in the world can his prime be gone when some race well past Jr's age.

I also realize there are a few Jr haters out there and that is fine but lets deal with fact.

C,mon, come up with something just a bit more realistic please.

Good for you and that's just fine.

I did not realize nor does the racing world that he is having a rough time this season.

Right now, there are many lower than Jr that would love to be in his points position and be that good to date.

Believe what you may.

Not trying to be mean at all but anyone who believes Jr is having a rough season being 10 points out of the points lead may be living in another world. Reality not for sure.

N'uf said.

[quote name='harvey lee

As far as Jr winning a race this year' date=' one can win the Chase without ainning a race.

[/quote']

You can, but it has never happened in NASCARs top series. Reality????

Kind of like the 16th seed in the NCAAs basketball technically can win the whole thing, but has it ever happened? crazy

Last time I checked winning races is why he's out there each week.

If Jr's last name wasn't what it is he'd be lucky to have a ride each week, and if he did have a ride he'd have to try and race his way in each week and there's no way he'd make it each week. The sports most popular driver, driving for probably the richest team and he hasn't won in 108 races, that's an embarrassment!

LOL once again.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the haters arrived.

First we have one who thinks Jr is having a tough year this year running 10 points out of the Cup lead and now the bandwagon jumpers hop in.

I am sure more will jump onboard the hater wagon shortly.

For your sake, I sure hope Jr does not win it all as that would be pretty tough on you.

I questioned when I posted this thread that I should not as it would turn into he is no good.

Seems many hate to see him do well as that seems to also bother them.

No, he has not won a race for quite some time but I would guess that you may be intelligent enough to know why. Then again, maybe not.

My original post was about how much better Jr has been doing this season and if you cannot see that, then you do not understand anything about racin.

Now that is a fact also.

No, he has not won a race for quite some time but I would guess that you may be intelligent enough to know why. Then again, maybe not.

Harvey,

If someone does not agree with you on a topic they are not intelligent??? Really crazy

Yes he is third in the ranks, but still no wins, that is the goal, right?

All I was saying is that when someone states that Jr is having a bad year yet in third only 10 points out of the points lead, I do not understand that type statement.

I do not know everything by far but I do know that when a driver is running within 10 points of the lead this far into the season, he is having a darn good year to date with or without a win.

The new team is still working together and they will win.

I find this not that hard to understand unless one is a hater.

Thats about enough of this baloney.

Kinda like the baloney of you calling the 18 a punk, a puke, a jerk, etc? Man if someone said that about the 88 there's no telling what would happen. I'm not a 88 hater, I just don't cheer for his team as I think there are better drivers out there, but I'm not going to bash him like you do the 18.

kbb, I should know better but I will reply to your last post.

Yes, I have called Kyle many names as he has went out on the track and hit about everything short of his own teammate. Then ran into them after the race was over. That's childs play and Kyle seems to think it is ok and thats why I call him the names I do.

Seems Jr does not act like that at all. I have never heard anyone call Jr the names I have called Kyle as Jr is more of an adult. Seems Jr is the most popular driver year after year for a reason and Kyle could never make a list like that. There are a few other lists Kyle could make but they do not have a listing for him yet.

I had the feeling you came on this thread as a troll to only slam Jr and not have a civil discussion and your last post proved that also.

If you do not like Jr, that is fine. But please, do not insult me by trying to say anything other than that. The only reason you posted is to try and start an issue per your last reply.