• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor Kennel- Barking/Whining Issue

Cobber

Having an issue with my 5 1/2 month old lab-

When I leave for work and put her in her outdoor 10x10 kennel in the morning, she barks & whines nearly all day if she is not attended to.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to break this?!

Thanks!

-Michael

Having an issue with my 5 1/2 month old lab-

When I leave for work and put her in her outdoor 10x10 kennel in the morning, she barks & whines nearly all day if she is not attended to.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to break this?!

Thanks!

-Michael

Bark collars. Growing up around labs, and boarding all kinds of dogs, a collar always solved the problem. They can still whine without setting off the collar, but a solid invenstment to save your neighbors patience. We just don't put up with the barking, and never did.

Not sayin you should do this, more so just a funny story, but my buddy had a dog that whenever he would bark in the kennel, he would spray him with the garden hose. After the dog realized that everytime he barked he'd get the hose, my buddy just cut off a piece of hose, attached the spray nozzle and hung it on the kennel as a constant reminder to the dog. Never had an issue after that.

I'm ok with the bark collar. But with past experience of this, some dogs, my own included will simply ignore the collar and continue barking. I didn't think it was possible, but it was and ended up costing me a few hefty fines thanks to some wonderful neighbors that didn't think my dog should be barking at the coyotes harrassing her.

My GSP doesnt bark, but he whines like crazy. Whats the best way to break a whiny dog? Everone says ignoring it is the best thing to do, but weve been doing that for about 6 months now...I dont think its working. Has anyone ever tried using an e-collar to break a whine? Just buzz him when he starts whining?