• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dan's Southside Marine?

muskielaw

Anyone have any experience with Dan Southside Marine's service department? Good bad and ugly? Need to bring my Yahama in and usually service at Hannays but Dan's Southside is much more convient location since I moved. Thanks

Muskie

I bought my bought there a few years ago. I've had good experience with their service department. They've been good to work with but aren't the fastest in the world. Probably about the same turnaround time as Hannay's though. The service manager (with the glasses) is a nice guy.

A few years ago, some guy on Minnetonka saw the sticker on my boat and proceeded to tell me how bad the folks at Dan's Southside were. I really couldn't relate to his statements, but each situation is different. I've been happy.

I work right across the street, so I'm in there all the time. Their prices seem high to me. As for customer service I've personally seem MANY screaming matches between management and very upset owners in regards to length of time and conditions afterwards. That being said they're always still very busy.

I used their services this year and agree, they are a little spendy and I thought their turn around times were fast.

My disappointments were around a cut corner that was rectified the same day. They charged me for installation of a new trolling motor but added it on my existing mount. Problem was the mount they used was for a power anchor. So they never actually mounted anything until I complained but they charged me for it up front.

They did fix this though, and the same day.

My bigger concern is that I paid more to buy the trolling motor from them expecting them to back-up what they sell and install. Third time out the remote broke on my I-Pilot. Called Dan's and they sent me to Minnkota.

I could have gone to Minnkota on my own but I paid premium pricing expecting better service on the back end. Next time I will either do it myself or buy from another shop.

Next year I will be looking to drop $2k on a depth finder. Someone else will be getting my money. Their loss.

Bought mine from them in 2008. Had a lower unit go out and the eta originally was 1 1/2 weeks. Turned out to be 3+. Missed out on majority of early season.

That didn't bother me as much as calling them for status updates, and was given runarounds. Was told at one point it was ready, drove 30 miles there and it wasn't...

Plan to add a kicker and front mount depth finder in a couple years, put me on the list of going to another dealer.

I had a prop repaired through DSM. Never again, while the repair job was done well, the price ended up being over twice what I was originally verbally quoted. You won't see me in their shop again. I was not impressed with the way they treat their customers.

What really got my attention when I was in there last summer was watching this go down.

Guy walks in to the service counter says he's here to pickup a boat. He took time off from work and drove down from Canada to get his new boat and drive back in time for a fishing trip. Him and one of the managers go out to inspect the boat, in a few minutes, they're back and the guy looks very upset.

Apparently, while loading the boat on the trailer, the shop caused a 3 foot gouge in the underside of the boat and didn't say anything to him. Just, 'Hey here's your boat. All ready to go.'

They got into a 'heated' discussion, with Dan saying they'll have a new boat rigged in 3 or 4 days for him. He started threatening with lawyers and demanding a refund and other stuff. They finally kick him out of the store and tell him to have his lawyers call if he wants his money or boat back.

i have nothing good to say about DSM my only visit so I'll keep my mouth shut and spend my dollars elsewhere.

I get my parts at Boat Motor Recyclers in burnsville and service I can't do myself is done at elko motorsports. Great things to say about both places.