• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flex-O-Drop-Sinker

IceHawk

Just purchased a few of these can't wait to give them a try. I have been running the no-snagg sinkers with success, I am real curious how this new sinker will compare to the no-snags. With the way they look they should be able to slide right through the rocks. Anyone use these yet, if so how did they perform?

They look similiar to the no-snags but are a little longer. The sinker is actually very soft with a brass swivel built in one end. They are used the same as the no-snags, They have them in the new Cabela's walleye catalog.

Agree that the Flex-O-Drops, aka "slinky sinkers," don't transmit bottom content worth a darn. But they're also the most snag free sinkers you'll ever use in rocky areas. Use 'em often on dam riprap in reservoirs and spots like Indian Point on Mille Lacs. Great niche tool.

Basically slinkies consist of a flexible mesh "bag" shaped like a pencil, which holds any number of lead shot. Steelhead anglers drifting bait in snaggy rivers probably prefer these sinkers over any other.

Haven't yet used a Foam Walker, either, though. Own a bunch, just haven't tried 'em.

-a friend called Toad

I saw the Flex-o-drops at Cabelas today - I think I'm gonna try making them with #4 steel shot in a shoelace shell, tied off like a jig collar, with a piece of steel leader material running through it crimped to a barrel swivel at each end. If this works, I will let ya'll know. Those things were too spendy for me!

Invention's necessity is a mother...

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

My first attempt at making them failed. The shoe-lace wrap had too loose of a weave and the BB shot popped out. I'm not givin' up, though. I need more shoelaces. Wait....okay - but now my shoes are really loose.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

I use these a lot on the French River. I use hockey skate laces and melt both ends with a lighter. Inside is either shot or splitshot depending on how much weight you need. I then push a snap swivel threw 1 end and use it as a slip sinker. A small bead between it and the other barrel swivel on the main line keeps from break offs. Snag resistent and cheap. Oh ya after melting the ends pinch them down with a needlenose, this seals them up good.