• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nebraska Fishing Reports & Lake Info

Rick, most of us in the Mo River basin are holding our breath right now. Just as in Bismark and points south, we are expecting the worst. Life is going to get a little tense in the next couple of weeks.

Prov, what's the situation now? I've been hearing a bit here and there from my family and some friends in South Sioux. It sounds pretty bad, and about to get a lot worse. We have plans to come to SSC in a couple weeks, and right now, I'm just hoping we can actually get there.

Not sure what a couple of weeks will look like. Crystal Lake is starting to fill up from just ground water, and clearly by the time this is over, it will be back in full swing, as it was in 1952...

Of course the information is sporadic because people just dont know. They are pretty much guaranteeing that every house will have water in the basement. Homes along the river to the west/north are 40% buried in water right now. My home/neighborhood shows to be high and dry per the Corps map, but we will be 100% surrounded by water approximately 1/2 to 1 mile in any and all directions.

It doesn't sound good and the info gets a tad worse each day. Maybe I will see you in a couple of weeks. I will be on the flood line attempting to keep people out of the water. Police department said we will all be wearing chest waders...now to get one to match the rest of my uniform smile

I saw the Corps map. Holy cow. Looks like Grandma's house (in South Ridge) should be okay, but who knows what will happen between now and then. I just hope we can get there.

I wish all you guys down there the best of luck, and hopefully you can get some control over it. I lived there for 20+ years, and never heard of such flooding. I can only imagine how everyone's feeling right now.

Stay safe.