• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PSN outage?

smnduck

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an XBOX off C to tha Raigs to the list like I did, buy a used Black Ops from Gamestop, and get the XBOX starter kit. Comes with headset, keyboard, 1 yr of Live Gold and 400 XBOX pts. Kit was cheap.

This is getting to be a little annoying. I even considered the xbox idea for about a minute. Ill be interested to see what we get out of all this.

You can get alot of cheap PS3's on the internets grin

If I had an extra $400-500 sitting around right now, I'd be lowballing some of these offers to stash them until Christmas, a guy could make a couple hundred on 2-3-4 PS3's, that is if the network is fixed by then.

I saw one the other night, $75, like new. The guy said he was heading out the door to get an Xbox but only had $200 on him.

Semi actively watching the e to the bay. Will probably up my buyer rating by the end of the weekend. Not sure if I will try to sell my ps3 or just file it in the El Presador manner saving someone else all the headaches. Should be amongst the xbox ranks by next weekend. Sony can kiss my a$$.

Any xbox with some memory to save data is fine. The nice thing about a hard drive is loading the games to the hard drive. U still need the cd to play but the cd rom HARDLY spins. Thus it doesnt sound like its taking off!

I heard once that the Elite 360 models don't suffer the RROD like the basic models. Don't know if that is accurate or not, but might be worth looking into prior to buying one.

Anybody confirm or deny this?

Several different memory options. What do you xbox guys say I need? Will be playing cod and cod only on this system.

Bryce -

If you want to dump that PS3, let me know, I'll help take it out of the garbage can.

Game Stop still willing to give me $100 for the turd so $200 gets me a brand spanking new 250 gb model. Not sure if I'll get back into town early enough Friday night if at all but for sure Saturday will be my opening night on xbox. Wont miss sony one bit. I bet the hackers are more excited for them to get back online than players are anyways.

I heard once that the Elite 360 models don't suffer the RROD like the basic models. Don't know if that is accurate or not, but might be worth looking into prior to buying one.

Anybody confirm or deny this?

The Arcade and Elite had a cut off date from which the common red ring issues were fixed. End of 2009 into 2010 was the manu dates you do not want to buy. It might have been into Spring 2010 for the Arcade. You can still get the red ring if you treat your console like a football stored in a ziplock and playing two handed touch with it religiously. In console terms this would be using it 90% of the time while it sites directly on the carpet under a pile of clothes and what not and taking it every place with you in a plastic Wal-Mart bag. The red ring when lit just means something is messed up with the console.