• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Schaffer Opposition Rest

esox49

Good full containment rest, pretty much the real deal. Easy to install, tune, and it’s built like a tank, with excellent machining. I have heard a couple reports that they were loud but I never found it to be true. All in all you have a great rest that will last as you want it to.

WS

Schaffer makes a rock solid product. I've got a buddy who has this rest and he really likes it. Like some others online have said about the rest, I shyed away from it because I was afraid dirt or "stuff" would get in the slide and much up the opening of the rest. I'm told this hasn't been a problem, but that keeps me away from it.

I put this rest on my bow last summer. I was a little worried about the springs being exposed and collecting debris. I never had a problem I hunted in all weather types last fall it was flawless. as far as noise some of the first ones on the shelf had some noise issues but john replaced them.

I think its all been said, its rock solid, the full containment is great , and ive hunted with it in all types of weather with zero problems or noise issues. On some of the real short brace height bows you might have an issue with a 4 inch fletching pinching when its in the locked position, but im not even sure id put that in the con column.