• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Toy

perchking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perchking or anyone

have a windshield for these gators??

right now i have about 4 hrs and 22 miles..getting bed mat monday and need to make weed eater holder....wires for a multi winch hook up, horn, mirror and lights.....

I have to drive it 12 miles one way to work on it in my shop so the miles will add up quick but its a fun ride!!!

I am waiting to save up a little bit of money and buy the complete glass cab for mine. They run about 3500. I am glad others are liking theirs as much as I do. They really are great machines...

PK

sparkyaber,

that is something I had to get used to, when going down a hill you will be free-wheeling. It is kind of weird and a bit uneasy at first to stay on the gas while going down hill but you get used to it.

One a side note, I pretty much tried every UTV out there and by far this one was my first choice.

Thanks all. I am pretty sure that the gator is what I am looking for, a machine that is 75 percent work horse and 25 percent fun. I have my sights on two machines, the 825i and the kawasaki teryx. I am concerned with the china motor in the JD even though it is more my style of machine. I am considering the Kawasaki because of the price and familiarity with the brand. (I currently ride a 700 prairie.) even though it is a bit more sporty.

Went to install the tracks this past weekend and had a heck of a time, seems like stuff didn't match up. Well then I read the directions and found out Camoplast sent me the polaris kit instead of the JD Kit. I called camoplast and I am currently waiting for my pre-paid shipping labels to send the polaris kit back and I was told the gator kit was sent out. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks I will have them installed.

pk

It really amazes me the trouble one could avoid if you read the directions BEFORE you start a project eek

I ordered one of these babies two weeks ago, and will will have it in my possession next Saturday. Options included- bucket seats, premium outdoors package (extra lights, roof, no scratch windshield, seat belt suspension) power protection package (electric dump, front bumper/brush guard, fender protectors), rear ops protector screen, cv protector plates, and big horns with aluminum rims. I ordered the winch and multi mount kit, but changed my mind after doing some snooping online, I found the warn RT4000 (same winch as the JD offering only one size bigger) plus the multi mount kit for less than what JD wanted just for the winch, which did not include any installation. So I saved over 50%, got a bigger winch, but I have to install it myself. Got it all at the place that is known for selling books and also is a larger river in South America. I decided to go with the green and black with black rims. When I take a few pics, I will try to remember to post them here. Pretty excited for next weekend!

Any other news on these machines from you folks that have had them for awhile?

I think you will really like it. I purchased on 11 months ago and have no complaints thus far. I use it for work at my nordic ski trails so i opted for the track setup also. I didnt get a full enclosure at first, but I will be purchasing one this summer. I am getting the full glass enclosure from JD.

Sounds like you got a great setup, I am sure you will love it. 2 items I am not happy with but I knew about them before I bought it are the small gas tank and the locations of the shifting controls.

LEt me know how you like it.

full-13775-18306-img_0008.jpg

My dealer did not mention the 500 dollars toward any equipment, and I did not go for the warranty. I figured it was a little expensive for an extra year. I don't plan on it giving me any problems in the first two years. You all think it may be worth it?

Another few questions- What are you all using as a trailer? I have an older aluminum snowmobile trailer, (with brand new plywood), that I will be picking it up on, buy I figure I will be pushing the limit on weight for the trailer.

Also, maybe a really dumb question, with regards to the windshield, should I be able to haul this thing at freeway speeds without doing any harm to it? I figured to it to be fine, but I have been wrong before( don't tell my wife grin)

Thanks all.

I think for a 2 year extended warranty $250 is well worth the insurance. This is a new engine and for me I want to be covered. As for the trailer I went heavier than I needed to. I have a 8x14 dual axle, i needed the extra 4 feet for my tracks plus I can just toss the portable in back if need be. Remember with no fluids it weighs about 1600 lbs.

I don't have a windshield yet, but from what I have heard is if you go with the poly roof and windshield you really need to be careful when towing as there have been reports that the top will just blow off. Typically this happens if the brackets are overtightened. I know lots of people are going with the diamond plate roof, if you do some searching you will find the distributors. The only down fall with those are you cant get doors if you wanted to go down that route. They recommend always towing them backwards, why I have no idea.

Yep you will have to ask your dealer about the extra $500.

Nope didn't get the extra warranty should of but didn't................BUT when i got my 2012 Eco Boost I got the extra warranty.

Trailer...... REALLY HEAVY DUTY.......22' HEAVY duty skid steer hauler. i used it for my landscaping business. Looking at getting an 18' lighter duty trailer for hauling mowers and such and as long as the gator

Windshield- I have one and only hauled it 10 miles going 45-55 mph and it was fine.

But with the quick clamps it would be easy to take off.. I have also heard that the roofs do pop off.

right now i am making an safari rack for the top so KINDA a roof but not but is hahaha.

I am using the quick clamps from John Deere so i will have to watch it when towing.

Thanks you two! I never thought of the roof! I will make sure to ask the dealer about the towing, as I live in the north metro, but will be using mostly up north.

Landscaper, you said you should have gotten the extra warranty, may I ask why? Just the fact that it is cheap insurance, or have you had some issues?