• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just sold the bike, need trolling motor!

Steak

Okay guys, I just let go of the motorcycle, and I have a lot of $$ floating around waiting to burn a hole in my pocket! I need some recommendations for a bow-mount trolling motor.

First off, I have a 14.5 foot deep hull Northwood. I have a 55lb thrust transom mount, but sometimes backtrolling gets old! What would you guys recommend for a bow-mount? I want to stick with Minn Kota also. I need a motor that costs about $500-600 bucks, and it also needs to be compatible with a transducer. I'll be using my vexilar along with it.

Here's a list of my spring uprades by the way:

1. Bow-mount trolling motor.

2. Hummingbird 596 or 597

3. Vexilar converter!

4. Rod holders/lockers.

5. Platform up front.

Thanks, STEAK!

The Minn Kota Universal Sonar (built in sonar) doesn't make the adapter plugs any more for Vexilar units. I don't think you can find a bowmount motor with US2 for less than $600, either. I know the Motor Clinic in the cities sells recons. You may want to check with them.

I have a Maxxum. It has been a great motor and I want to say they are phasing them out, replacing with the fourtrex? So, that being said, you may be able to get a new one for cheap. I know Reeds used to have trolling motor closeouts. I would start there. I also have the universal sonar with the Vexilar FL18 up front. Works great. My boat is an 05. I'm sure if you check around you would still be able to find one.

I have also heard great things about the Terrova. MinnKota is good stuff, regardless of the model.

There should be a way to mount a vexilar on a trolling motor with the kit from Vexilar, right? Do the Minn Kota trolling motors support this kit or is the quick release system hard on the cable?