• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

climbers: sumit, Lone wolf, ole man....

Brain_Melt

I like Sit and Climb style climbers and hunt 20 plus days a year in my Summit Viper. The only complaint I have is the noise the stand makes going while on my back when I hit a sapling or branch. Never had a problem going up quietly (on most trees, some types of bark, like birch can be a bit loud) or getting the stand attached to the tree since I am very used to it and have set it up hundreds of times. Never had issues with creaking either.

Would like to try a Lone Wolf to see how stealthy I could be on the trips in and out of the woods when a sapling or branch hits the stand.

I have a Summit Viper and I borrowed a hand climber lone wolf also last year just to try it out. I liked how quiet the Lone Wolf was climbing the tree. Seems to me you can't climb as fast with it and that might be part of why it is quieter to climb with as well. As far as weight I really couldn't see a big difference. The comfort part is a big one tho....the lone wolf I borrowed is about 4yrs old and was not even close to the Viper. Maybe the newer Lone Wolfs are better but I kind of doubt it. If I was going to buy a stand to sit in all day...Summit! If it was a stand you are only going to be in a few hours...Lone Wolf! Now I am not trying to start any fights...just my opinion as all. I have had the squeak that some talk about on poplar trees btw. All I did is slide the stand side to side a little more for a better bite and then It went away (Viper) Good Luck with your purchase...there really is no right or wrong answer!

As a Lone Wolf hand climber user I will totally agree with you on the comfort and climbing, they take a little more work to climb than the sit and climb models and they are not as comfortable so if that is what you are after try a summit or the lone wolf sit-climb.

I wanted the hand climber because they fold flat and are really small for packing in way back or into very thick areas. They are also deadly silent when setting up or climbing and I have never had any problems with different kinds of bark.