• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My New Yak

So after much research since last summer, I've decided on a Kayak and I'll be placing the order on Monday. It's an Ocean Kayak Trident 11, they brought back the camo coloring this year but I think I'm going to pass on it and get it in Sand color. I like the 11 foot option over the longer ones for a little more portability, I'll be loading and unloading by myself. The 2011 Trident has the new ModPod cover which looks nice for mounting stuff on (Fish Finder, GPS, Cupholder, etc.) and then it opens up a ton more storage for my rods and other gear.

1254.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go with the Humminbird PiranhaMAX 160 or 170. Not sure which, then when I get it, I'll mail in the transducer for their Transducer Exchange Program and get the transducer that's made to fit the Ocean Kayak's Transducer Ready Scupper!! scupper.640.jpg

Humminbird XTH 9 20 P

Great choice! You'll end up wishing you lived further south because you'll want to use it year round. We bought 2 Malibu Mini-X's last year and loved every second on the water and can't wait for open water this year. Enjoy!!

Great choice! You'll end up wishing you lived further south because you'll want to use it year round. We bought 2 Malibu Mini-X's last year and loved every second on the water and can't wait for open water this year. Enjoy!!

Yeah, I can't wait for the open water season!

Should be here in two weeks! Can't wait to do a little rigging on it. I am thinking about getting the Malone Handirack as a way to transport my new toy. I have an older car (no rack) and I don't intend on putting several hundreds into a rack system for it, as I plan on getting a new one sometime in the near future.

Getting pretty excited huh? This warmer weather isn't helping me AT ALL! Yesterday I went out to the garage and just stared at my yak for a little bit. I'm just excited to get out on some open water. A few more months and we'll be ready to go again!

Getting pretty excited huh? This warmer weather isn't helping me AT ALL! Yesterday I went out to the garage and just stared at my yak for a little bit. I'm just excited to get out on some open water. A few more months and we'll be ready to go again!

I know! April 2nd was the first day I got out fishing last year. I'm thinking it'll be even earlier this year (hoping), I was thinking the rivers will thaw first and you usually have a week to fish them before they start to flood. Then it's off to the lakes for me. New kayaker + flooded river = potential bad experience.

Yeah, i'm not planning on hitting the rivers at all this spring. I am guessing they will be just as flooded as last spring, if not worse. So i'll just stick to the lakes after ice-off. The day I really look forward too is bass opener.

Hey man, I was curious where you found yours at. Did you get a chance to sit in it before you bought it? And also, what kind of money you ended up paying for it. I'm debating right now whether to upgrade to a SOT and the Trident definitely looks like the clear winner to me as far as an upgrade goes. Nobody I've talked to locally knows yet when/if they will be able to get them. They said they'll find out around the end of March.

If you don't want to discuss the where/how much aspect on here, feel free to pm or email me [email protected]

Looks like I'll be joining the Ocean Kayak ranks as well. I just sold my Old Town, so now it's time to look at ordering my new one so I can get it before the season starts.

On a side note, OK is also running a special when you purchase your kayak between March 1st and May 15th, you get 2 free Cannon rod holders and a craptastic Plano Tackle box.

Ted I sent you a PM.

Goodluck in your search for a new yak! I saw that deal OK's is giving away, mine came with one of those Cannon rod holders, and I already have 2 scotty's. I would like that Plano tackle box because it fits directly behind my seat, there's already an indent for it.

Well, I also ordered a new 2011 Ocean Kayak Trident 11. Couldn't resist having the new Mod Pod. I also ended getting a nice 10% off coupon for Austin Kayak, so I got it shipped to my house for $850, which I felt was the best deal out there for one. Now, I just need it to get here so I can drool over it until it's paddling time!