• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog trainer

xedge2002

I would like to air my concern with Todd Caswell's original statement.

He gave a negative connotation TKO Retrievers,which has since, I think been exonerated. I would not claim to be an expert on Labrador Retriever

Trainers.However I do know the area and told him what I knew as far as Trainers in the area.I know that these men earn there living from this work and negative publicity like this could be harmful to their ability to earn a living.I hope this clears the air as far as TKO concerned.

In regards to Red-y if anyone has concerns I think fair to say what they believe.After all a spade is spade you might as well call it one.If ruffled anyone's feathers I apoligize,but I did not think this forum was being fair to the offended party.

Tim Landecker at TKO did great with my dog(that little bugger in my avatar).

My ONLY real gripe with Tim is the fact that he is tough to get in touch with. He has an answering machine, but doesnt return calls very well. A bit on the frustrating side at times.

I found the best way to catch him to talk with Tim is to call after 9pm. Then I had good success on getting him.

I would like to air my concern with Todd Caswell's original statement.

He gave a negative connotation TKO Retrievers,which has since, I think been exonerated. I would not claim to be an expert on Labrador Retriever

Trainers.However I do know the area and told him what I knew as far as Trainers in the area.I know that these men earn there living from this work and negative publicity like this could be harmful to their ability to earn a living.I hope this clears the air as far as TKO concerned.

In regards to Red-y if anyone has concerns I think fair to say what they believe.After all a spade is spade you might as well call it one.If ruffled anyone's feathers I apoligize,but I did not think this forum was being fair to the offended party.

I probablty should have came right out and said wich one it was, really didn't want to throw the guy under the bus For the record it was not Tim Landecker of TKO I was refering to, Tims a good guy and his dogs look good.

If you're looking for a hunt test and/or gun dog trainer and you're not looking to have the dog with the pro for a very long period of time and you're looking for a top notch operation that has the credentials to stand behind it, Tim Spring at Dynamic Retrievers is the only one of all the names mentioned that I would look in to. Springer has to be the most fair trainer that really works with the dogs through keeping a good quality mental attitude in his dogs along with ensuring they have an extremely thorough and sound basics program under their collars. Tim used to be a teacher for quite some time with autistic children before going professional and he trained some very fine dogs when he was an amateur. His methods are far from the burn and learn methods that I know a couple of the other names mentioned live by. Tim's dogs are all extremely happy and very very well controlled using varying types of pressure, not just a choke chain and an e-collar.

I personally have had a pup with Tim and spend a week training with him down in TX over one winter so I was able to see first hand everything he had going on with his dogs. My pup came back and now has 3 senior hunt test passes along with 1 master pass at the age of 2 and in the hands of myself being a very green trainer. I would easily send him another dog for basics work even if it was going to end up being a higher level field trial dog. Tim also will be doing some seminars this summer in and around MN so keep your eyes out for that. He provided his first run of his seminar at our club, NDRC, last summer and it was top notch.

Who set up the seminar up there, Chad E. or Dave L.?

I was part of the effort along with some other club members. Tim has been a great help to our club and its members, he's a class act guy.

Troy Feeken

And how would you have done that?

So we didn't get a chance to talk last week at the CMRC club party. Did you win anything?

I would have just messed with Troy a bit first, befor expossing myself, no we didn't get to talk next time. I did pretty well shells, oil changes, rehydrate, some really good cookies, t-shirt,ducks and a judging assignment hows that for luck.. It was a good time, good food and nice to talk dogs again.

You judged the Derby out there last year, correct? Do you remember the name of your co-judge?

Because of the octane level Deets has he is not going to run him in an Open until late April, early May. He wants to make sure he has him screwed down tight.

Couple of jackwagons! So with the stuff you guys won at the banquet are you going to donate that to my Delta Waterfowl chapter banquet or come up on March 11th? Bring your gloves so you can throw some sandbags too!