• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berg Bros setters?????

JMO555555

do a google search, there is a lot of good information about them you just have to search through places like UJ and some others.

"Scott and Ben Berg produce top notch setters. " this was found from a google search with many other good responses. Looking at the pictures they look like some beautiful dogs. They dont sell to anyone who doesn't hunt and their pedigree is well respected.

I don't hunt but spend a lot of my non-fishing, non-homework/social life time looking and reading about bird dogs, I eventually want to have my own kennel when I am older and have the means.

Berg Bros produces trial proven/trial worthy birddogs. I don't see how you could go wrong with a pup from them. I've talked to one of the Berg bros. at Game Fair once upon a time. He was a nice man and very knowledgable. I'm not a setter expert but beside them there's only one other setter breeder in MN I would personally consider.

Both of my setters are from Berg. Bros. I recommend them 100% to anybody looking for an english setter pup. They are great in the house and hunting machines in the field. If want more info about my setters you can contact me northuplandhunter at yahoo . com

Or give Ben a call at the kennel I believe they just had a couple litters.

full-14148-5392-img_0828.jpg

full-14148-5393-img_0493.jpg

No better way than to contact them, set up a meeting and go out and see the facilities, meet Ben and have him give you a little demonstration. These two guys really know their stuff. Scott will (if you let him) rattle off more info about your dogs lineage than you would ever care to know. He knows bloodlines. They have the hardware, the know how and the reputation to back it all up. It would be very hard to say that going with them would be a bad decision. I'm a grouse hunter myself, and didn't hesitate for a minute when I needed a new nose. I called Ben, told him what I wanted and he told me when a litter matching my criteria would be available. 8 months later I have my new pup. As soon as the weather breaks he's going back for training. I've done it myself but Ben will be able to do in one month what would take me 3. I personally know at least a dozen guys with dogs from them and they are all happy.

I Talked to one of the brothers when I was in the market for a Setter a few years ago and I remember getting the impression that they were very serious about breeding the perfect dog and although they have some of the best Setters available, they felt that they were quite a ways off yet. I also got the impression that they knew more about hunting dogs than anyone I had ever met. They were trained by a dog training legend.

I was pretty intent on getting a Red Setter and they weren't planning a litter of Red Ones for a while. They didn't really care much about the color of a dog, they were only interested in performance. Kind of a shame, they have one of the (historically) greatest lines of Red Setters in the world.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call and talk about what you're looking for in a dog, they won't steer you wrong.

Adam