• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

indoor league

sota4life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sota,

Was that you walking out today at noon when my brother and I were walking in???

I turned it up a notch today.....294 w/ 34 x's.

At least my score and x count is going in the right direction! grin

On a side note, after I shot my round, I shot a single spot target hoping for a Robin Hood. I told myself I'd shoot 5 arrows and see what happens. On the 5th arrow, CRACK!!!, I excitedly walked down the lane to find I had shot the end off an arrow, but didn't "tube" it.

So close................. crazy

Brian

Shot a 292 22x at regions at Little Crow Archery in Willmar on Saturday. Was a fun time, almost forgot how they did everything for the state tourn. There is one weekend left to get your regions score in to shoot the state indoor tourn in Redwood Falls in March!

Still stuck in the low 290's. 293 w/ 20x yesterday. Hoping to bump it up a notch tomorrow.

I could up my score if I was shooting those "fat" arrows, but I figure why shoot something I'm not going to be hunting with. But that's just me.

Brian

You're consistent, that's good. Maybe start tweaking your setup and see if anything improves... Maybe try toying around with different stabilizers to minimize pin float or experiment with a few new releases. Are you using back tension or using a trigger release? It's a mental game, just draw back and shoot x's. It's that simple. grin

I was thinking some minor brain surgery might help! eek LOL

What really bugs me is there always seems to be 1 bullseye that I X ring every time. Only problem is, sometimes it's the middle bullseye, sometimes it's the upper left bullseye............. crazy

Brian

Honestly, I think it comes down to target panic. To many people pass shoot and punch..

When I taught some classes I would say this.. "Archery is fun.. why ruin it by pulling the trigger"..

If I ever gave good advice it was this.. Pull the bow back.. Settle on the target, The CENTER of the target, count to 5 then start your shot process.. Train with a back tension release. I have 5 different back tension releases.. I shot awesome with those, but never really used one for league.. but training with it really helped..

I have a target that I should really take a pict of... I was training for state.. Shot it on 4-6-04 so it was quite a while ago.. but shot back to back games.. 57X -58X on the same target.. 120 arrows.. is a sweet looking 5 spot if you ask me.. only had one arrow that touched the white..

Wow, tough course last night. Lots of little targets far away. Still shot an 835, about average. We had a poor start to the second half last week, only taking one of four points. frown

Shot a 295 w/ 33 x's last night. I really didn't expect it, especially with a couple misses during my 15 arrow warm up.

Not to mention that was the most people I've shot in front of at the club this winter. Maybe an audience is a good thing??? confused

Brian

Thanks Don!

I work mainly nights, so I shoot during the day when most people are at work. Maybe it's too quiet then and the mind starts to wander a bit? Maybe with more people in the club I focus a bit more? Maybe, maybe, maybe??? grin

There were 2 couples in there and a family of 5. Good way to spend a Friday night I guess!

Brian