• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pairwise ranking

cbrooks

Come give the Dogs some credit, they might not be playing all that well lately but KRACH takes the whole season into account so great play early in the season shouldn't be punished. You have also played a lot harder schedule then times like Yale, BC, Merrimack, and Union so I see no reason why the dogs don't deserve to be up there.

I am actually very much ok with the PWR, just a few things I don't like about it that get a little magnified when you are on the outside looking in.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, this 2nd half of the year has been pathetic. Seen it happen too many times. Gotta play the games though, maybe they can turn it around.

I am pleased to see the Gophers playing better, and it's also good to see Saint Cloud playing to their potential lately. WCHA playoffs should be fun as always.

March 6th PWR

1.Yale

2.BC

3.UND

4.Michigan

5.Denver

6.Union

7.UNO

8.Merrimack

9.Miami

10.Notre Dame

11.UMD

12.New Hampshire

13.Dartmouth

14.RPI

15.Western Mich

16.Boston U

17.CC

18.Maine

19.Minnesota

20.SCSU

21.Alaska

22.Ferris St

23.Wisconsin

24.AA

25.Quinnipiac

I got RIT or Air Force winning there weak Conference so they will get the #16 seed in the tourney. So you have to figure the top 15 to make the NCAA tourney.

Its not a perfect system. I didn't expect UNDs sweep to help them in anyway, oh well. How would you like to be a Wisconsin fan right now? Talk about a team falling off.

When I saw Wisconsin play UND I wasn't impress I remember. On paper some of there players have decent numbers. Tough to say if thereslumping or this is the real Badger team.

Sunday morning March 13th

Pairwise

1.Yale-plays St. Lawrence today to move on in the ECAC series tied 1-1

2.UND

3.BC

4.Michigan

5.Miami

6.Denver

7.Merrimack

8.Union-plays Colgate today; series is tied 1-1

9.UMD

10.Notre Dame-plays Lake Superior today series tied 1-1

11.New Hampshire

12.UNO-Is there season done? probably

13.Western Mich-plays Ferris St today seies tied 1-1

14.CC

15.Dartmouth-Plays Harvard today series tied 1-1

16.RPI-there done

17.Boston U-plays Northeastern today seies tied 1-1

18.Maine-there done smile

19.Minnesota-done

20.AA

21.SCSU

22.Ferris St

23.Wisconsin

24.Alaska

25.BSU

I take back not thinking UNO makes it. taking a closer look if Western Mich, Dartmouth and Boston win today I would say that UNO is more than likely out. ASny of those teams lose UNO still is in. There still other scenios that can happen in a week.

Yale won so they retain the #1 spot.

Notre Dame won.

Union lost;They should make the tourament

Western Mich won;Thats bad news for UNO they move up UNO moves down.

Dartmouth wins;more bad news for UNO.

Boston U loses to Northeastern;they are more than likely out.

Brooks, they didn't update the pairwise on Sunday from Saturday's results. Don't know why. But they have been updated now and they included Sunday evening games also.

1 Yale

2 North Dakota

3 Boston College

4t Michigan

4t Miami 25

6t Denver

6t Minnesota-Duluth

6t Merrimack

9 Union

10 Notre Dame

11t New Hampshire

11t Western Michigan

13t Nebraska-Omaha

13t Colorado College

15t Dartmouth

15t Rensselaer

17 Boston University 13

18 Maine

Alright. Looking at UNO. Asking myself how can UNO get bounce out of tourney contention. There currently 13. They will have to fall below 15 seed. So any team below them that moves up moves UNO down. Here's some of the things that can happen to cause UNO to move down the pairwise as they sit idle the next week.

1. CC beats AA on Thursday

2. Dartmouth wins the ECAC conference

3.Northestern wins hockey East-highly unlikely they win there next game against BC.

4.All three things above would have to happen to push UNO out.

5.CC and BSU play each other Saturday for the Brodmour. They make the tourney.

6. Of course some of the teams playing can also move down from a lost which is a plus for UNO.

I see UNO making the tourney as a #4 seed in the same region as UND. You can bet they will lump the WCHA teams together.

I see UNO making the tourney as a #4 seed in the same region as UND. You can bet they will lump the WCHA teams together.

They will spread the 4 or 5 WCHA teams to 2 or possibly 3 regionals. For sure there will be 2 teams each in the St Louis and Green Bay regionals. I would place my bets on UND getting the #1 in the Green Bay regional, with UMD likely as a #2 seed.

I would also bet that Michigan gets the #1 seed in St Louis, with Miami as a #2, and UNO as a #4. That would be a tough road for Dean to conquer, two very quality teams to beat in order to advance. On the bright side, they won't have any F5 distractions to worry about. They should be focused and ready come tourney time. Should be Dean's last hurrah in Omaha. Before he gets hired by Maturi to finally bring the Gophers back into the spotlight.

CC I see in Manchester as a #4 with BC to open their regional, ouch.