• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will this be repairable or will they total it??

Mixxed - I understand buying used vehicles, I went through this process last year. A couple things that I learned, and some things you may want to consider if you are looking for a spotless, used car.

1. Don't buy a used car from MN. The wear and tear our vehicles take from not only potholes, but even road salt is going to decrease the life or value of your vehicle. MN vehicles rust faster, commonly need new springs, shocks, struts, tie-rods, etc... because of bad road conditions.

2. Try to find a private seller. Preferably only one previous owner. I always contact as many people as possible, and try and decipher young from old, male from female, while talking on the phone - not just asking questions about the vehicle. If they are older, usually the better condition of the vehicle. I have had many times where I will send a friend to check out a vehicle and I usually end up asking him more questions about the owner rather than the car. I want to know how clean his property is, how knowledgeable they are etc...get a feel for who your buying your vehicle from.

3. If you do buy used from a dealership, ask for the car-fax. I know this should be a no-brainer, but you would be surprised how many people don't.

I could go on and on...I'm anal about the quality of my used stuff. BUT, I will tell you that if you aren't willing to travel for a vehicle, your limiting yourself to the used car market here...which in my opinion is one of the worst places to look. You may have to spend a couple hundred on a one-way plane ticket, but doing research and understanding what you're getting will save you a ton in repairs down the road...just my 2cents.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic