• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WCHA standings for the second half

cbrooks

Here's the point standings in the WCHA Jan 1st

UND 11-3-0 22pts

UM-Duluths 9-3-2 20pts

Denver 9-3-2 20pts

Nebraska-Omaha8-4-1 17pts

CC 8-5-0 16pts

Minnesota 6-6-2 14pts

Wisconsin 6-6-2 14pts

Mankato 4-8-2 10pts

Anchorage 4-8-2 10pts

BSU 4-9-1 9pts

St Cloud 3-8-1 7pts

Michigan Tech 1-10-1 3pts

I'm thinking that St Cloud is gonna make a second half push and make the Final Six tourament in St Paul this year. I also think UNO will be on the down fall and miss the cut. Minnesota will continue to beat the good teams and lose to the weak ones. I not even gonna try to predict what Minnesota will finish. They will probably be spoilers mad. They play UND in two weeks.

I'll have to put some more thought into it, maybe take a look at the schedule again. I do know that St Cloud has a tough schedule ahead. I think they have to play all of the top 4 teams in the 2nd half. I don't think there are many, if any matches between the top 3 teams left. Minnesota looked good at home on their last WCHA series. Patterson is the key for them.

The thing I notice SCSU when they played UND is there forwards are as good as anyone but there defensemen don't clear the net very good. You would think someone with a mustache like Chris Hepp would be just an animal out there. Maybe I just caught them on a bad weekend. Mike Lee never live up to his expectations either. they seem to be onesided. They just beat Miami so thats a good sign. Even though they only had 7 shots on net that game.

I'm thinking UND ,UMD and Denver for sure. UNO I think will slide. CC, Wisconsin, Minnesota and SDSU. I know SDSU has some ground to cover but I'm just trying to look smart if they can get on a streak. Its a long shot. All it takes is a hot goalie sometimes.

So much for my Dylan Olsen avatar. And I did like that enourmous stick loading he put into it. He pulled a Kyle Oksposo and will not be returning to the team after World Juniors. According to Pates in Duluth, he signed a 3 year deal with Chicago and will be reporting to the AHL team in Rockford, Ill.

First the enormous thumping we took in the new arena, and now we lose our best defenseman in the middle of the year. Momma said there would be days like this...

Nice. Amsoil arena, maybe I'll make it there one day. I didn't realize Amsoil was base out of Superior Wisconsin. I wonder what they paid for the naming rights.

I look at the situation with Oksposos as he wasn't developing with the situation he was in so he move on. Dylan should have went to Canadain jrs. I don't know why he went to college. It sounded like other colleges back off him because of academics. I hope Duluth gets that scholarship back and uses it on someone else. Its kind of a shame.

The current top three are done playing each other. Teams 4-6 all have to play each of the top 3 so it will be tougher to crack the top 3. Top 2 is where it's at because #3 seed no longer gets a bye in the Final 5 tourney, assuming home ice series win.

UND

DU

UMD

Minn

CC

Wis

MSU

BSU

AA

SCSU

MTech

CC has been hot scoring the goals lately with Schwartz, but he's out until at least mid Feb which will be too late to climb the standings. I see both Mankato and Bemidji playing a little better. I'd like to see Saint Cloud pick it up too, but they have some adversity and a tough schedule to overcome.

Yup, I forgot Blais' Boys. I don't think they'll move up or down. They have a very tough remaining schedule too, but Dean should keep them skating hard. Talk about a group of overachievers, especially early in the year. And I don't mean that as a knock, it's quite a thing to come into the WCHA and be in the race during your first year.

Big question for Maroon and Gold, is there a coaching change on the horizon? If yes, will his last name be Blais or Blasi? smile

Big question for Maroon and Gold, is there a coaching change on the horizon? If yes, will his last name be Blais or Blasi? smile

If Minnesota can help it. They will stay loyal to there minesota natives.

We need to change our coach, not our program.

No Blasi,

Blais is about all I can think of that is better then Lucia.

Lucia's biggest problem is surrounding himself with his loyal idiots.

Having Potulny is embarrassing, and Seriously John Hill. Come one, the guy follows Lucia everywhere. Our D zone is so bad. A coach doesnt need a bunch of "yes" man. He needs hockey minds around him.

I think I have seen Miami play once or twice, One was when they blew it a couple years ago in the championship.

I think they would get beat up pretty quick in the WCHA, that is if the WCHA starts letting these kids play more.

I would hope a coach comes with MN and WCHA experience.

Honestly I dont know if they will even fire Lucia.

Well they both say they are loyal to their programs. Blais has a contract too, but that may not stop him if he gets the opportunity. He should be the #1 target, but I think Blasi is a worthy coach as well. I know, I know, he's doesn't have Minnesota ties. But I think you need a great hockey coach first and foremost.

And it's not that I think Lucia is a bad coach. He's had ultimate success at two different programs. But a change in scenery can be good for everyone sometimes.

I may be in the minority here, but I think you gotta give Lucia a couple more years. The list of "excuses" is long, but other than his recent sickness; they're nothing that any other program doesn't experience. They are a middle-of-the-pack team this year, but he's got a good, young team that's showing a lot of promise. He seems to have re-focused on the juniors instead of the high schools and has quite a few older recruits coming in starting next year. I'm optimistic that the Goph's will be right there again as early as next year.