• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How is everyones year starting ou?

northspear

Saw some fish this year.

So far I have only taken one.

So small I didn't even spear it - it got stuck between the tines.

Tasted mighty fine though.

Gonna get some for the pickle jar this weekend.

The pike have been really skitish this year.

Out this morning and didnt see any. Out lat weekend and seen 6 with one being close to seven. He was nervous and came into the sucker but my son was nervous and didnt think he had the shot and the pike left quickly. Fisrt outing was during the snow storm a couple of weeks ago and didnt see any.

This has been the worst year I've ever had. I haven't bee seeing a thing? I'm beginning to wonder if the clear coat on the decoys is actually Pike repellent?

I always said I'd trade in all the fish I see in a year for one trophy, maybe this is my year.

This has been the worst year I've ever had. I haven't bee seeing a thing? I'm beginning to wonder if the clear coat on the decoys is actually Pike repellent?

I always said I'd trade in all the fish I see in a year for one trophy, maybe this is my year.

I have seen enough.. just that every one I have seen has been so skittish that they don't even get close to the hole before getting spooked.

Saw a 5lb bass yesterday and it wasn't getting no where near the decoy. Usually they are all over them.

All the fish I have seen are fat though. I don't think they are too hungry this year.

-Merk

The lake I spear on is normally crystal clear and this year it really clouded up for some reason. Been seeing a lot of variety for fish. Saw one pike in the low 30"s and lots of hammer handles. Catching lots of bass on the jig stick but the dang walleye will not eat for us! AWH and I were out yesterday and as soon I got the live deke down, about 24-25" eye came in to ivestigate which was cool.

Overall very happy with the start

I've been seeing a fair number of smaller pike. Today in the rain I saw the biggest carp of my life swim by. Also got a 35 inch 11 pound pike before all the water rushing into my hole chased me off the lake.