• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upgardes over the winter?

Chode2235

i thought you could still contol that rpm from the remote or how ever you run it from the the wheel

I could be wrong but it's my understanding that you can't. I've never asked a dealer about it, just owners that use it as a tiller. If you find out for sure that you can let us know.

the e-tec is set up so you can run it all from the steering wheel

or other wise i need to buy a troll master and i believe they are bout 300$ so i'm thinkin i can sell my t-8 and get the e-tec

i think !!! i dont really have a clue what either is worth right now lol

i use my kicker alot last yr and its kinda of pain to run back there to put it in nuetral when you have a fish on

or to adust speed

also kinda hard to put in a seat back there that would be real comfortalbe to sit and steer

the t-8 is a good motor though no complaints there

just gettin lazy in my old age

plus i did learn alttle trick last yr (even old dogs can learn..lol)

my trolling motor batteries were on there last leg and wouldnt hold a charge very long

so i started to use the kicker to push the boat and just steered with the bow mount

worked slick...i will do that alittle more often just to prolong the life

of the batteries

also will have wayyyyyy better boat control out in big winds i kinda pride myself in that..i can handle most any wind

win win deal

boatfixer i hear ya

good to keep the little lady happy

and not have to many payments in this economy

Gregg if ya sell that T-8 let me have 1st shot at it please.

One more minor upgrade we did over the past couple years, is replace our old ('98) seats with the Attwood Centric SAS seats. Man, what a good upgrade. They are spendy, about $250 each, but have 4" of suspension in them and very comfoy. Add an air ride and you are golden even on the rough stuff! Something to consider for those not wanting to get rid of "old" boat but wanting something to make it feel new. They also have that "new" look which makes the boat even appear a bit more modern than it is (Alumacraft Tourn Pro).

We also would like to ge tthe 80# terrova with i pilot, but our 74# co pilot is working great, so can't quite justify it... but very close wink the i pilot is awesome, but we will wait just a year longer to make sure all bugs are worked out wink

I made a couple BIG upgrades this year, one in the spring and one in the fall. Motor top end was rebuilt this spring and I added the trolling motor and depthfinder this fall. This boat has been a constant work in progress since I bought it and its almost dialed in now.

Went from this...

63547_10150253356115464_894525463_144195

To this...

63367_10150261665960464_894525463_145931

Got a heck of a deal on the Minn Kota used (and I mean a HECK OF A DEAL!) ... it's a PowerDrive V2 70lb 24v.

Next step is a 3 bank charger and I need a new starting battery as well as the cold early winter on Pool 4 revealed its weaknesses. smile

Only other thing I'd like to do right now is replace the carpet.

It would be nice to add Co-Pilot to the Minn-Kota as well. Not ready to go to I-Pilot as you lose pedal function on the Powerdrives.

My upgrade will be a new pair of Optima trolling batteries at a great price....I just need to get them ordered before the wife leaves Johnson Controls.

Oh, and a new tail light cover for the trailer after backing into my parents caddy (don't ask!).... doh! crazyblushmad