• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Organizer

Alright you photo guru's.

My girlfriends mom is getting a laptop for Xmas and she likes to use her Nikon to take some shots. Is there a good software that will be easy for someone who isn't very computer literate to use to organize their photos, possibly do some editing and what not?

I know I used a few programs back in the day for easy photo organizing. I have also just used photoshop since I am proficient in that. Just curious what options are out there for a beginner that is very user friendly that will help with all her photo needs.

Likely the best program out there for organizing and editing together that is a reasonable cost is Photoshop Elements. If you are familiar with Photoshop you will find Elements intuitive. If you want to go the free route you can do your own file system and combine that with a free photo editor such as Picasa. The camera itself also should have a CD that has software that can be used. I am not familiar with what Nikon includes but find the disc and you will have more free choices.

One thing to keep in mind. I do upwards of 50,000 shots per year and all I do for organizing is my own file system using folders. Its simple, search-able, and works better FOR ME than any commercial system.

One thing to keep in mind. I do upwards of 50,000 shots per year and all I do for organizing is my own file system using folders. Its simple, search-able, and works better FOR ME than any commercial system.

This is the same way I organize my photos. They are copied to 3 different hard drives for backup in case something bad should happen. I really should have a drive located outside the house but I guess I'am too lazy.

Since I switched fully to digital in 2005, that's the only way I've ever organized my work. smile