• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Phez in snow

Road wet and left out to freeze winkgrin

Frozen is right. I was driving some back roads just hoping for something to shoot, when I spotted this guy hiding behind some corn stubble. I backed up and slowly began stalking him. I'd take a couple shots and then sneak a little closer. I finally got into good position so I'd be ready for a flight shot and he still didn't move. I got down on one knee and took a couple more shots and then noticed his eye. Something just wasn't quite right. I walked up to him and gave him a little kick and he fell over.Yep, I stalked a dead pheasant. Man did I feel foolish. blush He had froze to the ground while standing.

Nice picutre! I would agree a decoy as I dont think a bird would die and freeze fast enough with its neck up like that, even if it did freeze to the ground it would have slumped as soon as it died. Just my 2 cents. But a cool picture anyhow!

yes.. and there would be good signs of a struggle if he was froze to the ground which would be hard. unless it was extremely cold his body heat wouldnt allow the middle of his breast to freeze down.. kinda like just the outside of the fish house freezes in slush.. i would bet some bored CO took a dead one that was laying on its side probably hit by a car so the neck was extended and frozen so it would stay up set it in the snow and watched.. haha i dont know just a option!