• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meet Breez

reddog

GSP, Thanks,

The long story is:

Im honored to have been in the right place at the right time to pick up Breez. Ive only had her since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I couldnt be any more happy with what I am seeing so far. Works a field in a methodical manner but still checks in to see what direction I am heading. Loves to carry things in her mouth, but doesnt chew. Her bird sense is raw, but I like what Im seeing.

I got her from Bob Merkel of Wrenegade kennels. He kept two puppies out of this breeding, one for himself and one for his son. His son has developed some sort of health issue this fall and wont be able to take the dog and Bob has another litter coming in in January, so the son will get one out of that litter.

I was out in Presho South Dakota 3 weeks ago and met a guy with a GSP that I absolutely fell in love with the way she moved. We chatted about an hour and he gave be some of the background into his dog and Bob Merkels name. I called Bob when I got home and it so happened that he was headed to SOuth Dakota the following weekend, and I was also going to be back there. He told me about the upcoming litter that I was interested in, and then he told me about this "dog". We met at a truck stop in central SD and I looked at this dog. I liked her alot, but had to seriously consider whether to go with a 6 mo old started dog, or wait for a puppy, so we put her back in the box and Bob continued out west, and said he would call me on the return trip, which passed by within 20 miles of my house. He calledd me on Tuesday before Thanksgiving to tell me he was headed home, and if I wanted that dog, we could meet, or if I wanted to wait for a puppy, that was fine with him also. I made the decision to go with the started dog and I drove up to the interstate and picked her up.

As excited as I am to get this dog,Im also very sad that I had to put down my 14 yr old Lab, Buddy today. IMG_1800_1.JPG