• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LED rope light q's

Castinski

I finally bit the bullet and put in some rope lights. I picked up the clam 4 ft'er at GM last night and installed it in my Commando. I cut it down to 3 feet and installed it to the pole directly over my seat using zip ties.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have used these.

Do I have to worry about heat? The instructions say not to mount them directly onto shanty poles or fabric. How the heck do they expect you to mount them? I did notice my reflectix was warm under the lights after running them for 20 minutes or so.

The package also states a 5 hr run time on the 4 ft section using a 12 volt 7ah battery. Does this seem on the low side? This light shouldn't be drawing that much should it? I should get more than that anyway by cutting 1 ft off and using a 9 ah battery.

i have 3 strings in mine on 3 seperate poles as well as 2 bolt on LED's mounted to the sled behind my calves. I used them for a full season in my fish trap last year and had zero problems. i have them all wired together and hooked to a spare vex battery so they all light at once. i am going to look at moding them to be switched to light individually for the conditions. Long story short i have had no heat issues due to the lights.

I took a peek at the clam site and they look like they are, in fact, LED's. The HSOforum, however, says they will last 48 hrs on a single charge? Anybody else pick these up from Gander? Any insight on how long they last on a charge?

I'm a bit confused on the differing specs on the packaging and HSOforum, but they appear to be the same thing.

I finally bit the bullet and put in some rope lights. I picked up the clam 4 ft'er at GM last night and installed it in my Commando. I cut it down to 3 feet and installed it to the pole directly over my seat using zip ties.

I have a couple of questions for those of you who have used these.

Do I have to worry about heat? The instructions say not to mount them directly onto shanty poles or fabric. How the heck do they expect you to mount them? I did notice my reflectix was warm under the lights after running them for 20 minutes or so.

The package also states a 5 hr run time on the 4 ft section using a 12 volt 7ah battery. Does this seem on the low side? This light shouldn't be drawing that much should it? I should get more than that anyway by cutting 1 ft off and using a 9 ah battery.

I put two of these rope lights in my fishtrap voyager last year. Pt them on the poles, and had no problems. i didn't htink they were that bright when i put them in but after using them at night they were plenty bright.

The standard packaged Clam rope lights are selling for $6.99 tell there gone here in Fargo at Gander this weekend.

Not sure if there are any new Clam rope lights? They may have dropped them from the line totally?

The new Clam Light Emitting Diode Strings are a modular daisy chain configuration, not rope lighting from what I have seen. I can not vouch for them as they have not showed up, nor have I seen them in use, or exactly how they are configured.