• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hole in gas tank

Mr. Wizard

I wouldn't put heat on it unless you took the tank off the sled, siphoned the gas out, and cleaned the gas tank and let it dry. Maybe try something like aquarium sealer that to seal the hole. Just make sure it bonds with plastic or whatever material your tank is made out of.

I have a very small hole in my gas tank. Looks like the tip of a screw poked through. Whats the best way to fix it? I'm thinking of taking the soldering iron and carefully melting the plastic around it till I can melt the hole shut.

I have done that on very small holes by slooowly moving some of the plastic around. But make sure you pull and drain the tank and air it out for a few days. And make sure you mark it well before doing so since it maybe really hard to find later. Do not use anything to hot to fast or you could end up with a bigger hole then you had. I did that too! cry There are not to many glues that will stick to that kind of plastic just a FYI. Good Luck! wink