• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upcoming cold weather

DHost21

I havent been seeing much at all rut activity but i just checked the 10 day forcast which is never accurate but it says that we have some cold weather coming up. Do you think or know from experience after the first snow or good cold weather do the deer really start moving or will they still be rutting in 8 or 9 days and maybe moving more in the cold. What do you guys think?

I'm really looking forward to this cold weather coming! Hard to say from experience if they will move more because i cant remember in my bow hunting years it being this warm this late into november. What i do know is i'm seeing many less bucks this time of year than i have in the past and something has got to give. I'm thinking this snow and cold weather will be just the ticket to get the bucks on foot during daylight hours!

From what I've seen up North here the rut is progessing, some does are in heat.

Weather or not it happens and yesterday we had near 60 degrees.

I had 2 bucks doggin a doe Monday and they bedded 3 times in 3 hours of watching them

Anyway today up here it feels like Deer season again, just make me feel better too.....

This year seems to be off from last year, at least where I hunt. I'm hoping a little snow will help me reposition in a better spot, at least I'll know what sign is fresh or not. But as for the rut, I am seeing some scrapes, but it is not wild activity, and most times it seems they are not regularly visited. That may indicate it was made by a young far from dominant buck. The activity seems to be quite noctournal. I'm hoping a weather change switches it around.