• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about scrapes...............

MUSKY18

Walking into my deerstand yesterday, I was checking the scrape line that I had found previously. Most of these scrapes continue to be worked over. However, now I have found some new scrapes that are within a yards of another scrape. One isn't more than 5 feet from an existing scrape. So my question..........is this the work of more than one buck or could it be one buck is just scrape happy and is making them all? Only saw a definite hoof print in a couple of the scrapes, and they were all of similar size. Thoughts?

Walking into my deerstand yesterday, I was checking the scrape line that I had found previously. Most of these scrapes continue to be worked over. However, now I have found some new scrapes that are within a yards of another scrape. One isn't more than 5 feet from an existing scrape. So my question..........is this the work of more than one buck or could it be one buck is just scrape happy and is making them all? Only saw a definite hoof print in a couple of the scrapes, and they were all of similar size. Thoughts?

Yep. grin

You answers could all be correct. Some times a single buck will make scrapes as they move along (scrape happy) and they are later abandoned. Other times a single buck will continue to work the same scrape line and freshen his scrapes over and over (those are the ones you want to hunt). Finally, on well traveled routes or popular pinch points around doe bedding areas, you may have numerous bucks that work the same scrape - these are community scrapes.

My suggestion is to hang a trail camera. You may be suprised at what you find. Just last week I had atleast 6 different bucks hit the same scrape in less than a 3 day period. This is on a spot where there is a perennial scrape. At first glance you wouldn't think that more than one buck had been over it as it wasn't super big or absolutely worked over...yet.