• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1998 Yamaha SRX 600

Dragonsm

This past weekend while talking to one of my brother's "in-laws", conversation came up on snowmobiling and how he basically had nobody to ride with. Between my brother in law buying a ZR 580 2 years ago and not really having anyone to ride with and him, I made the comment if I had a sled, I'd ride.

With that, he mentioned his uncle has a 1998 SRX 600 that has been a trail ridden sled. He didn't know off hand but he thought it had around 3000 to 3500 miles on it and it really hasn't been ridden much other than a few times a year in the past 3 or so years due to a newer sled purchase.(I believe an RX1) I am going to try and look at it this week and check it out, but from the description it is an immaculate sled that has always been garaged and taken care of. Asking price is around $1200.00 which falls into my price range.

I'll know more details after I get a chance to look at it, but other than my experiences growing up riding old JD Liquifires, Yamaha Enticers, and my brother in law's 1995 ZR 580, I am pretty green to the snowmobile world. Anyone here a yamaha follower or know this sled/motor? Things to look for? Mostly looking to get a sled to either do trail riding with some friends and my brother in law but also to have a sled to tow around my Otter Lodge Fish House around some of the wright county lakes. (towing it by hand is a real bugger when we get some snow and my wife has struck enough "fear" in me about driving the truck on the ice.. grin )

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, That's a nice sled for that price. I rode a lot back then and those SRX's were both fast and handled nice. It would be a world of difference from the sleds you mentioned, even that ZR 580.

On the down side, it is a three cylinder, triple piped high performance sled, and would not be too well suited for pulling that Otter. The biggest problem would be the clutch engagement that triple pipe motor needs to hit the powerband. You will start with a jolt and low speed pulling will be hard on things.

Keep in mind all the miscellaneous things you will need to acquire like a trailer, helmet, clothing, and accessories.

funny how many guy are lookin for someone to ride with

includin myself

should start some kind of club

and just have ride every other sat or something

diferent area

those that can make it..make it

probably would have 4-6 guy a week

i know this area some what lots of good trails here

groomers do a good job here

but i dont have no problem trailing 1-3 hrs either