• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squirrely doe

LOTWSvirgin

Ok tonight I had a doe and a fawn out eating in front of me for about 20 minutes till I think she caught me wind she started stomping at first then she walked away from me then the fawn walked over pretty much ignoring her and stood about 15 yards to my right the doe eventualy circled back around to the back of me starting to make all kinds of noise snorting run a few yards then snort again Now I aint possitive she got my wind though she may have seen something else. My question is when you get a doe making all that racket snorting stomping feet ect what do you do do you just let her do her thing spoke her off by making some sounds or what Then when I went to get out of my stand tonight I see 2 more deer feeding to the west of me right where I need to walk I could see a decent buck and a doe the doe didnt seem to care I was there but the buck stared me down for a few minutes till I gave him a couple snort wheezes then he trotted off into the woods didnt seem to be to spooked just seemed he didnt want to meet the possible other buck My 2 questions are what do you do when you get a squirrely doe making all kinds of racket and what do you do when you meet a deer on your way out to minumize spooking it

I just let the doe's talk, sometimes they have no idea what exactly they smell or see. sounds like she winded you if she circled behind. Im sure there are other ways to move deer off but I like to bark. Dogs are everywhere in MN and Ive seen deer run just far enough to get away from them but not totally leave the area. good luck