• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carpet or Vinyl Flooring?

Eastwind

I am looking at two new Alumacraft boats. One has the traditional carpeted floor and gunwales that you find in most aluminum boats. The other has the upgrade to vinyl on the floor and gunwales. Anyone out there have an opinion on vinyl vs. carpet? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Its totally a preference thing. I find that there are times where the vinyl is slippery like in the spring and fall when its damp or raining. I have all carpet but there are times I wish my main floor was vinyl. Dont let either sway your purchase unless your a slob like them cat guys ( ;)) then go vinyl.

Oh and vinyl gets hot on the feet if your the type that goes barefoot at all.

Its great for washing out blood and stuff though.

dont have either mine is fiberglass

but i would never go back to carpet

after seeing how dirty my floor gets(i can just wash it off looks like new )

i dont know nothing about vinyl but i'm wondering if it would crack in cold temps during storage ?

another thing bout carpet is if you have a wood floor it takes a long time to dry the floor and shortens the life of the wood IMO

My Lund has both. Vinyl floors with snap in carpet. The carpet is never in the boat. The vinyl I have is textured to a degree and I cannot say that I have ever had it become slippery. I don't go barefoot in the boat but my kids do. They have never complained of the floor being too hot. I am sure it is hotter than carpet though.

Clean up is a breeze with Vinyl. Would never go back to strictly carpet.

I have a snap out carpet. Was sold on keeping the carpet out until hotter days of summer hit. You could not walk on the floor barefooted it was so hot. We put the carpet back in and it still is. Was planning on taking it out again for the rest of the fall fishing but that has not happened yet. Did not have any problem in my Triton with the floor being slippery and it did clean up easy. Of course if I would of used the top I bought which hung from the garage rafters all year the floor would have stayed cool. If you aren't out in the heat of the day you will like the vinyl.

i would think color has alittle to do with that ??

mines fiberglass and white so its never hot and kinda rough like stucco

so not sleppery at all

just clean the boat up sunday it looks like new

as i said in another thread i used a product that took all the yellow off

i'm thinkin that triton floor is fiberglass right ???