• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suggestion Auger Rack Holder

FrontenacPike

I am looking for a Auger Rack Holder for My Cat. I have seen several on the market but all of the pics i have seen have the auger head laying horizontally. I own a Strikemaster Strikelite and it needs to rest on the ground with the head vertical. Is there a holder or clamps that can be attached that will allow me this?

What about using two gun rack style holders? They typically just hold the auger and the engine isn't technically supported. You could spin the head any direction and use a bungy to keep it from spinning. I'm thinking about doing something similar with my XP. Maybe check out this post. http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...ack#Post2358564

The ones I have are Kolpin's. Now i've had these for prolly going on 5yrs now, and after looking them up, they've been redesigned into the Rhino Grips. Same idea, just a slight different look and name.

I looked at the one's offered by arctic cat and those are basically the same thing I have, but look as if they have a pretty wide gap in the middle which wouldn't allow for a snug fit for the auger. That, and the price. 0.0

I think that's the 4-stroke. Trying to keep oil out of the cylinder.

I'm making a mount this weekend/next week from 1-1/4" tubing to go into my receiver. I'll post a pic once it's finished. I might have enough materials for a 2nd for anyone who's interested.

If you are to keep the head vert. then why does my strikemaster have little rubber feet to hold the head horiz when it is put down? I would like to know because I am in the process of making one for my cat.

If you are to keep the head vert. then why does my strikemaster have little rubber feet to hold the head horiz when it is put down? I would like to know because I am in the process of making one for my cat.

I think what you are referring to is, for the wall mount. I may be mistaken, but that is my understanding of your post.

A friend of mine is actually in the process of welding a stand that fits into the hitch receiver. It will hold the the whole auger in the upright vertical position. I will post pics as soon as he is done.

The feet I am talking about are on the side of the handles, one on each handle and are half moon and about 1 1/2" in diam. They are made of rubber. I assume (I know never assume) they are to set the head on when putting it down. If that is the case then the head would be horiz. I don't know I'm am new to the ice last year.

full-35897-2400-img_1321.jpg

lutzy just took a look at your pic and the first thing I noticed we are comparing apples to oranges. I have a 4 Stroke, Strike Lite, you have a 2 stroke Lazer. With the 4's you have to lay them with the throttle down and the power head vertical. I don't have any experience with the 2's and don't know...I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper way to rest your auger. If not you could always check the manual.

FrontenacPike

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you were talking about 4 stroke. I'm sure mine is ment to lay horiz or they wouldn't put the feet on them. Thanks again. I will post the pics of my auger holder when it is done. I am also making a carrier for the back I think is going to be cool also. I will post both when finished.

You may wish to look at the new StrikeMaster Ice Auger Carrier system, from the Digger Anchor Company's Ice Accessories line.

StrikeMaster seen right off that this the way to go and ordered up a bunch to resell with there name on them this season.

auger_racklg.jpg

A Very good stable system, fast on, fast off, rock solid in transit.