• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost another good dog

Ryan_V

Well, here I sit again. My one year old GSP was killed yesterday on the road. My fault, but it still hurts. I lost my last one 2 yrs ago in the same spot. I had this one trained not to go past the tree line which is 100' thick to the road. In the year I've had her, she's NEVER been on the road. I run a collar on her and she has been wonderful. I imagine she was chasing or after something. She was an "oops" litter. I spent $25 on her and she was the best dog I've ever had. We did some live bird work this weekend and she did great. She was smart, listened and picked up anything I tried to train her. I was sooo looking forward to hunting her this fall. At this point, I give up. I'm not meant to have a good dog. 3 weeks ago I put my old shepherd down too, now i have to stay home and dig another hole next to her. Words can't express my disappointment and sorrow.

See ya later pretty lady, I'll miss you Lacie!!!

Wow, I'm very sorry to read this. I remember reading about your GSP a couple years ago and it broke my heart because I also lost my first GSP to a car. I'm so sorry for what you have been through. Then I read about your old dog a few weeks ago. Now this. You have been through alot of loss in just a couple of years. I have three German Shorthair "kids" now, and I am a nervous wreck when we are outside-they never ever leave my sight. I do know what you are going through. I was visiting my parents when my first GSP Chloe disappeared for just a few minutes. I found her laying dead alongside the road. I always figured she was chasing a bird when she got hit. Take care of yourself. I wish you the best of luck. I think in time you will want to get another GSP. The pain of losing one is awful, but I think the pain of not ever having another one would be even worse. Sorry for your unbelievable loss Ryan.

Thanks guys. I just realized yesterday as I buried her next to my shephard, that this is the first time since June of 1998 that I don't have at least one dog. I got my first GSP in 98, and the shephard in '02, lost first dog in 08, and got Lacie in 09. Still want answers on what happened. I just wish whomever hit her would have stopped and let me know. Luckily my sister in law was riding her bike by my house and saw Lacie in the ditch and came and told me. Still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Sorry for your Loss. When your done grieving and thinking about a new pup also consider getting an invisible electric fence. The do it your self ones are a couple hundred bucks if money is an issue. I will never have a house without it again. It could prevent the current heartbreak you are going through. I lost my 1st Brittney to a car where the driver never stopped. I looked for her for many hours before finding her. She never left the yard before either.

Mwal