• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow cameras?

Has anyone here ever tried one of those bow mounted cameras? Im looking at recording a few of my hunts this year and was looking into these. I probably wouldnt mount it directly to my bow like they are made for because I let my bow fall after the shot so it would defeat the purpose. But I was looking in the J&K Sport Vu camera because it comes with a tree mounting accessory but if someone has experience with a different kind and likes it I would look into that because I really have never seen one in use and dont know if the video is good enough to even try one. I want one of these cameras because of the size and weight would make it better than lugging around a full sized camcorder and mounting bracket. Are they even worth the money or am I better off just using a regular video camera?

I saw some videos posted on another forum, they were very shakey, especially when the shot was taken.

Last year I tried using a gorillapod with my small digital camera and stuck it on a branch. Then I could just reach over and press the button to start recording the opening I would be shooting through. The test videos turned out well, didn't get any shots though, the deer that came by were too far out into the field.

The hard part I think would be if you were in a spot you had to have a wider area to try to record, and any zooming.

In the past we have had one guy get set up just a bit higher than the shooter and video tape the hunt from above. That way one guy is focused on getting the footage and the other on the shot. Not to mention that it is fun to be set up next to a good buddy and having a couple extra eyes in the stand. Helps pass the time too. I think if I were trying to get my own footage, I would get worried that I would spook the deer getting the camera set up in the right spot, hitting record, then getting ready for a shot. ???