• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seat Covers for pickup back seat?

ESmith

Hi Folks...

Another research before I buy thread. Got a new pickup, and a young dog who loves to ride in the truck. He's not trustworthy enough to be allowed to ride in the back at any speed, so looking to take him lots of places with me, in the back seat (crew cab) of my 3/4 ton pickup.

Never having bought a decent seat cover, was just curious if any of you guys/ladies have had great luck with any particular brand/model of rear seat cover. Something that keeps the slobber/hair of the back of the front seats also would be good. What do you guys use? Or are you just real good friends with a shop vac?

Well, after seeing and riding in my neighbors new Silverado crew cab I bought one too and the first thing I did was add some seatcovers offered by the Chevy dealership. They are TOUGH.....Labrador tough. Only color is black and they are a bit spendy but they are the real deal. They look fine and clean with a wet cloth or paper towel!!

The truck? Silverado crew-cab short box and it is GREAT!

I put fitted sheets on the back of the front seats ( they fit around the top by the seat belt and hook to the seat adjuster on the bottom )and a flat sheet tucked into the folded up back seat. I have two umbrellas that I put on the sheets and push them down into the seat to hold them.

Tuck the flat sheet into the fitted sheet at the bottom for full coverage.

Take'em out and wash them when we get home, no problems, very litte hair.

Good Luck,

Mike

thanks guys, good options. the mud river looks good, except it may be just a bit on the narrow side. could always have the local sew shop add some strips to each side i suppose if it was.

fitted sheets would also work well, but my gsp tends to be a little over excited and therefore a little hard on thinner cloth/sheets.