• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mice or Voles

18 inch Crappie

Shrews.

I wsa mowing at a bank, saw a clump of dead grass right next to the door, was kicking myself for leaving a mess last week and kicked the grass out. The shrew took off running and left the 4 babies behind.

Rabbits will do it too, but I usually see those nests under some cover, or hidden someway.

rabbits?

No,I googled it. I have ground Voles. Black Voles that tunnel under the snow in the winter and leave those grass tunnels that tare up your yard. Now its war. They say to get a 12" pc of 2" pvc and put Rat poison for them to eat. Sounds like dinner or get a Owl.

Those are voles (aka Meadow Mice). I had the baby nest last year with 4 pink babies. I have open fields on 2 sides of my lawn and this year I have decided to cut my grass shorter because if I leave it longer it is healthier and uses less water BUT the voles set up camp in my yard - nests here and there. Last month I actually ran over one with the lawnmower.

By the way, they don't dig into the dirt and they don't eat grubs but they sure tear up the grass!