• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Junking out a boat....junk yard?

311Hemi

Anyone ever scrapped out a boat?

My parents have a 1991 Starcraft 1901 (fiberglass) runabout that has seen better days and needs a good amount of work (more money than it's worth). It has been to a mechanic many time and we have never gotten it running just right, the engine is not the original as we found out after we bought it.

Anyways, I was thinking of pulling the block and lower unit and selling those parts, along with the trailer and then scrapping the boat. Any idea where I could take the boat to dispose of it?

I dis this last summer. I looked and called everywhere. The best and cheapest option I found was to rent a rolloff dumpster, one of the smaller ones. I then got out the sawsall and the circular saw and cut the boat up onto peices that fit in the dumpster. Then you just call and they come get it. I guess the problem was, nobody wants to take the whole boats anymore, they want you to break em up. It's actually amazing how little space a boat takes up once it's cut up into little peices. You could probobly take it to the dump in a couple pickup loads. No matter what it'll cost you some money.

I would have to have my dad run and check. If we decide to part it out I will let you know.

Please do, I am looking for a windshield for my 1995 Starcraft, the windsheild is 79" at the extreme with an 18" walk through. If you decide to part it out and the windshield will fit mine I am really interested.

Thanks

A landfill will take your boat as standard garbage, you will pay by the pound, be sure it's empty of any water, or you will be paying extra for some rain left inside.

I know Rice County does take boats: drive it there, dump it from your trailer, and watch the guys on the bulldozers have 5 minutes of fun (I wish I could join them).

Does this boat have a Taylor Made Curved Glass windshield? If so I amy be interested in buying it depending on design and dimensions.

This boat does not have a curved glass windshield, here is a pic of it:

boat007.jpg

boat012.jpg

That's it, well a picture of the exact same setup at least(boat, trailer, and all). I am going to try to get $1500 for it, although had someone offer $1000 today through that one site. Interior is in rougher condition, but outside condition is about equal.

I know it's worth more than $300!

I sure could use that windsheild. Looks like the exact same one I have on my fish and ski. Neighbors tree fell on mine and cant find a replacement frame for the wing window.

If you dicide to part it out let me know. Of course I'd buy the whole windshield.

Well, we are not getting rid of it for free. It's listed on HSO-Classifieds, so you can search there for a price as this is not a for sale forum. Otherwise, I posted above what I am looking to get out of it.....selling it or parting it out.

I took a 14 foot fiberglass boat to ATOMIC waste in Mpls and they took it? A couple of the other dumps wanted me to cut it up so it wouldn't look like a boat. All that fiberglass dust? That wasn't gonna happen.

I sure could use that windsheild. Looks like the exact same one I have on my fish and ski. Neighbors tree fell on mine and cant find a replacement frame for the wing window.

If you dicide to part it out let me know. Of course I'd buy the whole windshield.

Croix...email me at zachej***1 at hotmail D0T com, I have a question for you.

Remove the *** from the email address.

This is the boat tat looking for the wind sheild. I had the glass replaced on the drivers side but it doesnt quite fit, a bit to wide. Cant see from this picture but the frame and glass is missing for the wing window driver side.

Picture198.jpg