• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rinehart 100 in Sparta, WI

DonBo

A group of us from the Chilakoot Bowhunters are going down to this shoot.

Two days, 100 new Rinehart targets, camping close by. Sounds like a good time.

Anyone else going?

Had a great time at this marathon shooting event this weekend. 100 targets in two days. Life size elephant, giraffe, rhino, etc. targets along with all the others that Rinehart makes. 775 shooters!!!

Think my final score was 1035 out of 1200 possible. If not for one bad stretch late on day one, I may have ended up near the top 25 shooters.

This will definetly be on my calender next year.

Sparta is having another one July 28 and 29. I had so much fun in Duluth last weekend, I think I'll make the trek to Sparta. Does anyone know if you can camp at the club, or if you have to go to one of the campsites listed on the Rinehart site?

Sparta is having another one July 28 and 29. I had so much fun in Duluth last weekend, I think I'll make the trek to Sparta. Does anyone know if you can camp at the club, or if you have to go to one of the campsites listed on the Rinehart site?

There is no camping at the club. We stay at the Leon Valley Campground.

I'm heading down tomorrow afternoon, couldn't be more excited! I'm the guy in the Red Tundra with the blue and yellow dome tent. I'm planning on putting some New Glarus on ice for Friday and Saturday night, so if anyone wants to stop by I might have an extra.

After a great day one (80 targets), had some minor peep site issues on day 2 and did not do as well. Still was able to break the majic 10000 point mark to get my third R100 pin.

Nice to meet BradB there, stopped by Saturday night to see how it went for you, but you must have been in bed already.

I shot a 524 on Saturday (hit the apple), then a 512 on Sunday. I was pretty tired on Saturday night so I did crash early. Nice to meet you too. It was my 2nd R1000 pin. Going for 3 in Iowa.

Just wondering about the "pins" you get for shooting 1000pts.

How is it scored?

The same as a normal 3D?

Are the yardages out to the extreme?

I shot 1 3D this year and I thought I scored great, shooting a 333 on 34 targets, just under the magical 10 average.

Sounds like you guys shot the lights out of it over there.

They score 12 for small circle inside the 10 ring. 8 for the lung area and 5 for body shot.

Shots were very consevative. I believe the longest shot was 50 yards at the elephant. Most were less than 30 yards.

A very fun shoot that will be on my calander for as long as it is hosted in Sparta. They have an ideal set up - facilities and property for a shoot this large. 800 (!) archers there this year. A very well run shoot.