• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The drawings happen the week of July 19th this year. Your status will be updated usually soon after the drawing takes place. Then if you have been sucessful they will mail your permits to you shortly after the drawing.

Hope this helps. I know it is like waiting for water to boil! But the FWP works at a different pace out here in Montana.

Regards,

Chris

I did find on the HSOforum it will be mid july, but like you said its an exciting time. We put in for a rifle tag first then took the almost gimme 900 bow tag second.

Good luck to everyone.

they probly work alot of faster than our dnr.

What Area are going to be hunting?

We didn't put in for speed goats this year because our area that we hunt got hit 2 years ago with Blue Tungue really bad and numbers are way down. While our other friends are shooting speed goats my son & I are going to be on another part of the ranch shooting Sharptail Grouse with our Griffon.

We went with just general Deer & Elk tags this year and are going to do some backcountry hunts on the weekends down in the Beartooths.

Good Luck!

Chris

Wow 700 is a usually a gimme. But the FWP is trying to manage out of the Blue Tongue crisis they had a few years ago out that way. They have even limited the over the counter tags for Residents in that area. In few years the numbers will be back up again.

We struck out on the 700 as first choice with 900 as second, tough to believe..... I am depressed to say the least- we knew the 700 tag was a stretch but the 900 i though would be a gimme. Oh well good thing we applied in sd for a deer hunt, and now maybe go to sd for an antelope hunt.

Did NE montana get alot of snow and kill some goats? We thought maybe they dropped the quota as last year i believe the 900 tags you have over a 99% chance.