• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on drop-down trolling plate

Steve Foss

Hey all:

Quick question. I'm installing an Easy Troller aluminum drop-down trolling plate on my 90 Hp Merc right now, and am wondering if it's necessary to use the stabilizer fins included in the box. The directions don't say whether they're needed.

Thanks!

Yep. You pull the line to release it before accelerating, and the force of the acceleration pushes up the plate. When you're ready to troll, you stop the boat, pull the line, and the spring-loaded plate drops down and locks into place until you pull it again.

Worked slicker than snot on a doorknob this morning. I'm liking it. I was able to troll down below 1 mph (not that a person needs to troll that slow for lakers). Didn't seem to take any off the top end, either.

I'd get a hold of some extra pins for the drop down feature... sooner or later you'll forget on holeshot and the pin will break.

marine_man

Yep, I did that and now that I have extra pins I haven't done it since 1997.