• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappie feeding frenzy

Jim Uran

Ok well not really but I've been having a lot of luck lately fishing along the cabbage. 2 different lakes and a few different spots on those lakes have been producing big time. Fish the edge of the cabbage and it's lights out!

Anyone else having any luck?

I'm gonna give it a try this weekend. Good to see that they are active. I'll have the kids out so I will set them up for slabs and me for Walleye. I've caught some nice eyes this year on the weeds.

i am with you leechbait.....i always head to the deep weedlines after spawn, they can be concentrated and the bite unbelievable, the really fun part is the grab bag of other species sitting on the breaks right now as well. you never know what is going to bite somedays!!

I got out for the first time in the last 2 weeks and started right in the weeds and sure enough they were cruising around the weeds.....in an hour and half between two of us we caught 60+ crappies and missed many more.....all on plastics all released....fun times!!!

I got out for the first time in the last 2 weeks and started right in the weeds and sure enough they were cruising around the weeds.....in an hour and half between two of us we caught 60+ crappies and missed many more.....all on plastics all released....fun times!!!

glad to hear you have found the crapppies....no they are not the biggest but if wanted there is always a meal to be had and the action is great with a UL or L rod!!

Myself and three 12 year olds went out this afternoon and slammed them pretty good. Found a huge school just off a breakline...they must have been spread out for 100 yds or so. We easily caught over 100+ fish with all but a meal kept for myself. Some great fishing going on right now!!!

All on jigs and plastics.