• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gilbert OHV park

BorderView

We stopped by the other day to grab some imfo and I noticed they have a noise test to gain admission. Anyone ever been rejected or got through when they thought they might not? My son has a fairly loud Yamaha Warrior. Muffler seems pretty un-baffled. Will we have issue?

By saying that his muffler sounds pretty unbaffled, keep in mind that you will need to have US Forestry approved spark arrestors in order to get in. If you exceed the decible limits, you won't get in.

They only test a wheeler once per year. Take a 2010 sticker off a wheeler that passed and put it on the loud one. Simple as that.

I live and Gilbert and did it all the time with my dirt bike that was way to loud.

And this does what to improve or benefit our sport? mad Terrible advice IMO. No wonder we continue to lose riding areas with this mentality out there on the trails.

Ely Lake Expert,

My post was relating more to the comment of taking the sticker off one machine and putting it on another. If a louder exhaust is tested and passes at the gate, I'm perfectly fine with that. It's legal.

However, bypassing the test by way of fraud now means a person is riding illegally. It never has been or ever will be the position of HSO to promote breaking the law or skirting the system.

dont agree or disagree with the above argument but it seems like atv trails are now more or less flat dirt roads that you could drive a geo metor over. Been riding the blind lake ATV trials and to meet atv trail specs for grant money it seems they can only have so much water (they have bridges now) and everyhting is so dusty it's not even fun. I understand that more people are riding and without "groomed trail" the forest gets ruined....I guess you really can't have your cake and eat it too! I bought a beast of an atv but I really only need a 90cc childs atv to run on most trails I've been on lately!

LEP7MM

How do I identify if his exhaust has the spark arrestor? Is this the wire mesh conical "plug" I have seen for sale on auction sites?

Thanks

Any legal exhaust will have a stamp on the side that says USFS APPROVED. Just having the wire mesh doesn't necessarily mean that it's a legal exhaust.