• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water..

upnorth

This ice has to melt soon don't it? I don't how much longer I can stand staring at a bobber in an 8 inch hole in the ice shocked.gif

I was hoping to go fish Lake Superior from shore this weekend but even that is frozen over frown.gif

This has to end soon don't it?

The last I heard the Ely area is not expecting the lakes to be open by the May opener ... I'm not that far up, but its going to be a close call on the lakes here too I think (Hwy 2 area)... looks like I'll be spending some time on the river banks for opener, and until the lakes do some warming up.

We need alot of warm weather with some rain to have much hope.

The River is also opening up around New Ulm and Mankato! It will not be long now.
Actually in some spots you can probably fish from shore already!!! I cant wait!

------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves. angry-smiley-046.gif

[This message has been edited by fishstunner (edited 03-16-2003).]

I'm holding out a little(not too much) hope of fishing close to home for the opener. But up here in the Iron Range area I don't know if things are gonna be too good. It will be touch and go as to whether the ice will be of the lakes, much less warmed up for fishing frown.gif

May have to travel south to fish, or stay home, wait a minute I'm not gonna stay home smile.gif

Sorry to put a damper on everyone positive thinking, but I went out fishing last night and if the ice would have been 2 inches thicker I wouldn't have gotten through with my gas auger. I didn't measure, but the is still alot of ice.

Ely lake expert

Hi All,
Most of the snow is gone up here on the Big V, but unfortunately there is over 4ft of ice to melt by May 10th. frown.gif

If the night time temps keep rising the way they have lately, it will go sooner than we think.
I wouldn't mind a record heat wave the next few weeks....

Honey,is the ice gone yet??
No guideman, go back to sleep! smile.gif

------------------

Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com
[email protected]

Hey Guideman, you are talking about my favorite lake wink.gif

I am keeping the faith that things will be ready on the big V for the opener. We did well up there last year and hoping for the same again. smile.gif