• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL playoffs

Mudcutter

I'm a little late to the party but congrats Blackhawk fans, maybe some day the Wild can bring us a cup but I'm not holding my breath with our current lineup.

Ya the Roenick thing was a little weird but I think he was just happy for Chicago, he spent a lot of his career there and I think I heard him mumble something about being proud of them.

Also what an odd ot goal, Kane and maybe two other guys were celebrating and everyone else was trying to figure out what was going on.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roenick teared up thinking about how much time he spent playing in Chicago and how much winning the cup meant to the organization. It had NOTHING to do with not winning the cup. It was a bit tough to hear during the commentary but if you pay close attention it makes sense. It is the other 2 guys that mislead everybody into thinking it was emotion over not getting a cup. Nice to see emotion in hockey that doesn't involve beating the pi@@ out of another opponent.

I agree it was odd. Even I jumped out of my seat yelling at the tv that it went in and most players seemed confused as to what happened.

Strange ending to a series...knida anticlimatic with it ending on a review.

Thanks to all you guys. Jim Buck, sorry dude, you are right, sarcasm is probably one of the hardest things to get across on the internet. There was another dude who was dissing me about the cartoon and I tried to set him straight, you can read it too. We are cool and all is good. Like I have said we are just a bunch of overgrown goofs having fun!

As for Roenick, I really think he was genuine with that. If you listen to the start of it he apologized to a young fan he saw 18 years ago after leaving the ice when the Hawks got beat in the finals there was a kid who was in tears that the Hawks had lost. Jeremy said that he saw the kid and remembered him for the past 18 years and he hoped that what had just happened put a huge smile on that kids face today. Wow, heavy stuff. Jeremey then went on about how he is very superstious like many players and would not touch the Cup unless they won it. You may have seen a bit of that when Toews would not touch the Conference Cup when it was presented to the Hawks, guys think that it is bad mojo to touch that Cup until you win Lord Stanleys version.

Jeremey's thing might have been a bit forced for the camera but I don't think so, I think he is truly emotional about that. Remeber he also played for Philly too so this was not just a Chicago thing.

Jim Buck, we cool dude! Now I am left with my miserably mediocre Pale Hose and their fighting manager and general manager, YIPPIE! LOL

Windy-

Korab at best was an average tough guy, Keith Magnuson, what a sad deal that was and Rob Ramgage and i mean that, was a punching bag his whole career who was only with the hawks that long cause he put literally his face on the line night in and night out and they felt bad for him, Probert was still sniffing and swilling at that time so that doesn't count

Behn Wilson is the tougest guy ever to come thru Chicago and he learned his trade in Philly, same with Al Secord who learned from the great Terry O'Reilly in Boston

The only positive for me is that Bobby Hull can die happy knowing they won another cup which they would have done a few times in the 70's if Bobby would have stayed

Enjoy your cup Windy but as the great Don Cherry has said numerous times about alot of teams, "Take that team into Philly back in 1975 and we'll see what happens"

Windy, gotta defend us against Sneak and his...."if".

Sneak, "if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground"

Also, BTW, take that '75 team against the Gretzky/Messier/Kurri/Furh Oilers or the strong Islander teams (I hated Billy Smith) and see what "if" would get them! (and don't get me started 'bout them ol' Canadiens teams).

And who was it that mentioned 6,000 fans at a game?

All us sports fans know about "rebuilding".

Especially in Chi-town we know that...Bulls? WSox? Hawks! Cubs turn methinks!

And you don't have to sit in a $75 seat to be a fan, you can watch them on tv, listen to them on the radio, a fan is a fan regardless of how many times you go to see the team live. Geno and I have recalled some of our old favorites from the 60's and 70's and nobody tried to get into a one ups manship of tough guys. Just one of the haters who was trying to down play Big Buff and Ben Eagers toughness, they both proved to be tough enough as they hold the cup and Pronger holds a few worthless hunks of rubber. Like I said before, if the Hawks of today played the Philly team of 75 they would kill them.....because they are all in their 50's and 60's now. You can not jump in the time machine to compare era's. Could Babe Ruth hit Scott Strasburgs fastball or even his change up? Could Albert Pujols take Cy Young, Sandy Koufax or Christy Mathewson deep? These are all arguements that can never be answered....The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind(y) LOL

You know the fair weather fans I'm talking about. And until the Senior Wirtz passed, the games hadn't been on TV for awhile, so yes you had to buy the $75 ticket or listen on the radio. Course as a life long Blackhawks fan you kenew that.

Anyhoo, congrats to the Hawks who I followed once the Stars took a powder. Shows you what a couple of first overalls can do.

Fat,

I know, they will be the same ones for the next championship who do not even know the players names. I admit that I did take a hiatus from the Hawks in the 80's and 90's when they were terrible and not on TV. Biggest thing Rocky Wirtz could have done after the old man kicked! But back in the day, 1969-1973 or so I was huge into the Hawks, had the jersey, played street hockey, played our rod hockey game until the rods would not push!