• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer guide on's

Genofish

Can't comment on the roller type, but I have the white pvc ones on the boat for 10 years and not a problem. They will move if you hit them to hard (don't ask) but you can put them back easily. The tall white ones also can help when backing in on a steep ramp.

One more plus, if is it really windy, you can grab them when putting boat on trailer and help center the boat.

Mike

I have the long PVC ones and I think Mike and I have a few things in common. They don't like getting hit at too high of a speed. As stated, don't ask.

They are great for helping back up an empty trailer. Makes the back of the trailer MUCH easier to see. And, like earlier said, they work great for grabbing onto. I put some reflective tape on mine and it really helps other drivers see the trailer at night.

I had the shorter ones on my boat I had before the one I have now. It was a 16ft LUND and they worked great. I put them on as many times I fish along and it was preety easy to load the boat even with the side current on the river.

Lucky for me, with my new boat, the trailer was designed so well, none needed to load the boat. One just about cannot load it cocked as it simply corrects itself.

I've got the tall post on my trailer. They are mounted straight up. With the full roller trailer and the post mounted a little on the tight side I can load the boat pretty straight in any wind, current or landing condition. I wouldn't think of doing it without them. For what it's worth, it's a Lund/Shorelandr combination.

You probably do Tom. I have had to do alot of work on my trailer to get it to load good now. They have changed their design a bit from mine to the new ones. I updated the roller design on mine to the new style and it helped a ton but the guides make it so easy. All I have to do is get the bow between them and it's a done deal, centered and on the trailer.