• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

About Last May

DARK30

Boy, I hope this year's May opener comes with better weather! Last year I fished the Willmar/Spicer area and we didn't even bother putting the boat in! Cold NW winds with mixed in drizzle. bur2.gif Those low, fast moving grey clouds really took its toll. It was nothing like the year before when the bugs were out in force and the Walleyes were almost as thick!

We tried a few creek inlets to various lakes from shore but couldn't come up with a single fish. A few hard core guys in boats were out in the elements....They really had to have loved it!

Heres to a great opener to come! May the May weather be good to us this year!

Anybody else care to remember last May? RollEyes.gif ...Or maybe forget it? Twitch.gif

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Did opener weekend from shore at Osakis, and I recall it being chilly in the morning, nice in the afternoon, and chilly in the evening. Caught fish, though. Two days worth of sunny meals and a couple nice largemouth. Memorial week was great! The weather up at Kab cooperated nicely - chilly mornings, clear afternoons, evening storms, and the bugs weren't out yet. Bunch of walleye once we broke down and hired a guide.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

BRRRRRRR I get goosebumps just thinking
bout last year's opener!! We really did
have it better than most, since we put
the bimini up with the side windows on,
stuck the boat's nose in the wind, and cranked up the Buddy heater between the console. Felt pretty lucky whenever
someone would pass by sitting out in the
elements. My biggest gripe was that those
cold beverages didn't taste the same!!!!

The wife and I fished on Artichoke. It was a good thing we had our carhart coverhalls because we found the walleyes along the wind swept shore.(cold and windy) Anchored out a ways(needed both anchors) and casted in did really good. We could see them chasing the bait fish in a foot of water and when the white caps would come in it would push a few right out of the water. It was the coolest think I have ever seen while fishing. Unfortunatly no pictures. The camera(luckly a disposable) is at the bottom. The wifes hands were a little cold and a wave hit and there it went.

Three years ago was the best when we were on the Big stone opener(end of April)in our tee shirts in the middle of the night catch some walleyes on lighted bobbers.

yeppers....it sure was cold.....windy and nasty last opener but to me....those beers always taste good....had one popped at first light....i did real well on birch....was done fishing at 1030am with my limit of 14-18 inch eaters and a 29 incher....hope this year is a touch warme and a little less breezy.....can't wait!!!!!!!.....hope everyone does good this year

Last year was one of the coldest I can remember on Gull Lake, the only one colder was about two or three years ago. So cold and wind that we put our snowmobile helmets on while driving across the lake to stay dry and warm. Talk about getting harassed by friends and family.

This year will be better it has to be (right?). Oh well it will just be good to get on t he water!

Dark, what you whining about? A few of us pray for weather like that! LOL! If it's too nice out I tend to set the speakers outside and let AC-DC rock the lake for a while! Can't wait either! 57 day's left till opener! Dark, ya opening on the same lake? Hey, 3 years ago today I had my dock, lift and boat in already! Bring it on!